Associate Professor/Professor in LEAP Centre
- Fixed Term (5 years), Full Time
- School of Education and the Arts
- Rockhampton North
- Total Remuneration (inclusive of cash salary plus 17% superannuation and leave loading) Associate Professor (Academic Level D) - $168,123 to $184,937 pa Professor (Academic Level E) – $215,765 pa
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location or life circumstances.
CQUniversity has gained national and international recognition as a world leader in applied research that translates into social, educational and economic benefits for our communities. The University places a strong emphasis on social innovation and global outreach and fosters several key partnerships with communities, industry and government, both in Australia and overseas.
The Centre for Regional Advancement of Learning, Equity, and Access & Participation (LEAP), which sits within the School of Education and the Arts, builds on CQUniversity’s commitment to enhance the education and employment outcomes of people from diverse backgrounds in regional locations. Its focus is on research that provides evidence to inform policy and practice at the local, national and international level in partnership with industry and our communities.
You will provide leadership to research teams in the strategic research area of education and equity related research as well as establish a wider network, both internal and external to the University, to increase research income, the creation of new knowledge and research engagement.
You will also be involved in the leadership and direction of research-related activity, the coordination of research planning and strategy, extension writing, integration of identified research elements and agreements, and mentoring of research staff and students within their research team.
You will bring to the position:
- Proven record of strong leadership in education and equity related research and establishment and leadership of multi-disciplinary research teams.
- Demonstrated engagement and mentorship of academics across multiple groups resulting in the achievement of increased research performance.
When submitting your application please provide evidence of the following:
- Hold doctoral qualifications (PhD or equivalent) plus significant experience in the relevant discipline.
- Understanding of current professional and educational issues in the domain, through a network of industry stakeholders.
- International and/or National reputation for excellence in research as evidenced by peer-reviewed papers in high impact journals, obtaining competitive research grants and developing research networks.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Sunday 28 April 2019.
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33061
When submitting your application, please include the following: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use alphabetic or numeric characters only in your application. Do not use characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.