Service Team Member
Hospitality Conference Catering Services
Salary: £17,408 per annum
Post Type: Full Time
Closing Date: Tuesday 23 April 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
We are looking to recruit an experienced team member from a catering background to work in a newly opened cafe. You will be part of a wider in house catering team providing a range of catering services across two campuses.
We expect you to interact regularly with the students, staff and visitors who enjoy our food – and to work with the operations team to develop new ideas, concepts and food innovations to maximise sales.
In addition to a competitive salary we offer a generous annual leave entitlement, pension scheme, discounted sports club membership and free meals when on duty.
Tasks will include:
- Ensure all counters, fridges and tables are set up prior to service time
- Ensure constant replenishment of counters and fridge’s throughout service
- Ensure attractive presentation of food throughout service
- To provide a high standard of customer service, dealing with customers politely and professionally at all times
- To assist in the preparation and service of food and beverages to the customer
- To carry out dedicated cleaning of equipment and/or areas as per approved cleaning schedules
- To operate a till and be responsible for any money in their care in compliance with all Lexington procedures with regards to financial security
- To ensure correct storage and rotation of stock, when required
- To comply with all health, safety and hygiene regulations as lay down within the catering department and to make due diligence reports if required
- To report any equipment breakdowns or accidents to the Supervisor/Assistant Catering Manager/ Catering Manager
The ideal candidate will:
- Welcome and connect with every customer
- Ensure the highest standard of customer care is used at all times
- Ensure all comments and complaints are passed on immediately to the Manager
- Ensure high standards of personal hygiene
- Ensure all accidents and faulty equipment is reported to the Manager
- Ensure full attendance to all training sessions, meetings and monthly reviews
- To carry out any other duties as reasonably directed by the management team
If this sounds like you we would love to hear from you – if you would like to arrange an informal chat please email Louis Walter email@example.com. Alternatively you can apply on line. Please note we will not be accepting applications from agencies.
For more information and to apply online, please download the further details and click on the 'apply online' button above.
We acknowledge, understand and embrace diversity.