Assistant/Associate Professor - Department of New Media
Arkin University of Creative Arts and Design (ARUCAD)
Faculty of Communication
Department of New Media
Location: Kyrenia (Girne) North Cyprus
Salary: Competitive net salary
Benefits: Contribution towards accommodation expenses, state health insurance
Contract: Permanent – following successful period of probation
Founded in North Cyprus in 2017, Arkin University of Creative Arts and Design (ARUCAD) is a thematic arts and design university that is wholly dedicated to the fields of art, design and communication. ‘Learning whilst producing, producing whilst learning’ is an ethos that underpins all our teaching, student experience, critical thinking, research and practice. ARUCAD has a number of campuses in the heart of the beautiful and ancient seaside city of Kyrenia (Girne) Northern Cyprus, just a few steps away from the bustling harbour and street-life and only 30 minutes from Nicosia (Lefkosa).
ARUCAD has three faculties which, together focus on industrial design and the built environment, Arts and crafts including ceramics, glass, furniture and digital media including graphic visualization, photography and video. We have a consultancy for our business engagement and commercial projects and an integral school of English language focused on IELTS competencies for student who are not native speakers of English. ARUCAD also recently established the first official “FabLab“ in Cyprus and we envisage that these facilities will be used across the university and by our communities in the region to help unlock their creativity and develop their ideas and innovative projects. ARUCAD has a diverse, talented and passionate international staff from several countries, English is the formal language of teaching and communication. For more details about our university:
We are looking for
- A creative and inspirational Assistant/Associate Professor to join our academic team
- The vision and experience to deliver and continue to develop a high-quality student experience through practice based and research led teaching that maximizes the career potential of our graduates
- Having an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a future-focused approach and a sound understanding of new media design practices
- Demonstration comprehensive knowledge of the changing nature of the profession
- The vision to contribute to shaping the curriculum to ensure students are well prepared for their future careers as reflective practitioners
- Educated to doctorate level in Media Design, or a closely related subject area with highly relevant industry experience
- Experience of teaching in a Higher Education environment, an ability to innovate and develop new course content
- Have excellent team dynamics, inter-personal, administrative, pastoral and organisational skills
- Expertise in an enquiry-based approach to design would be advantageous as would experience and expertise in one or more of the following areas: communication theory, digital storytelling, new media policies, scriptwriting, documentary and/or qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience in journalism and the ability to teach journalism courses would be a distinct advantage.
All academic staff will also support our life-long learning initiatives and our business engagement projects as an integral component of their workload. Academic staff are also involved in ARUCAD’s outreach and marketing initiatives where appropriate. We also require applicants to provide proof of their PhD (or equivalent specialist degree) and a high level of English, both verbal and written. Non-native English speakers should have a valid TOEFL exam result of minimum 96 or equivalent, as posted in The Turkish Higher Education Body Policies, unless they have completed their higher education in an English-speaking country. All communication regarding this position, written and verbal, including interviews will be in English.
Closing date for applications: 25.05.2019
For the initial stage of the application process all applicants should send a complete CV together with a covering letter (no more than 500 words) addressing the position and person criteria for this position by 17.00 on the closing date for applications. The contact name, position and contact details should be given for TWO relevant referees, one of whom must be your current or immediate former employer. References will be taken up following your interview and any subsequent job offer will be subject to satisfactory references.
For informal discussions and further details for the above post please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for Assistant/Associate Professor - Department of New Media
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly