Lecturer in Civil Engineeering
University of Newcastle Singapore (UON Singapore Pte Ltd)
The University of Newcastle is a research intensive and dynamic university that regularly ranks in the top ten of Australian universities for research output and income and is also ranked 214th in the world’s universities. The Civil and Structural Engineering discipline has been ranked in the top 150 in the world by the QS World University Rankings by subject 2019.
UON Singapore Pte Ltd is a controlled entity of the University of Newcastle Australia, established to facilitate the delivery of the University’s degree programs in partnership with educational institutions in Singapore. UON Singapore has over 1000 students enrolled in eleven degree programs and employs both full-time and sessional academic teaching staff in Singapore.
UON Singapore Pte Ltd offers attractive remuneration and encourages work/life balance.
Full-time Lecturer (Civil Engineering)
(Ref no.: 0190401)
This position is offered on an initial two year full-time fixed term basis. We are seeking a research active academic with a proven track record of effective teaching and experience in the field of Civil Engineering. The successful applicant is also expected to supervise final year project students.
- Areas of specialisation in geomechanics, water engineering, transportation or other aspects of civil engineering,
- Establish research programs and develop applications for external research funding;
- Engage in collaborative research work with local and international stakeholders;
- Conduct research and publish journal articles and conference papers.
- Manage sessional staff including conducting induction, providing feedback on teaching performance, improving student learning experience;
- Work in close collaboration with UONS partner, BCA Academy on teaching allocations, time-tabling issues, student-related issues;
- Work closely with Academic Director to improve quality of program and course delivery;
- Maintain close and regular communication with parent University in Australia.
- PhD in Civil Engineering or related discipline
- Proven track record of effective undergraduate teaching in the field of Civil engineering, including engineering design
- Demonstrated research record including scholarly publications in academic journals
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate undergraduate courses
- Relevant professional experience in the Civil Engineering industry
Please note that your application will be assessed based on the selection and desirable criteria. It is essential that you address each criteria to enable the selection committee to properly assess your application and suitability for interview.
Interested applicants are invited to email their resume and the statement addressing the criteria by 08 May 2019 to: email@example.com. Kindly state the following as the email subject: “FT Lecturer - Civil Engineering (Ref no.: 0190401)”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.