Special Scientist Position in Translation
The Department of English Studies at the University of Cyprus invites applications for up to two (2) Special Scientist positions in Translation for the Fall Semester 2019/20, pending final approval and funding by the University authorities. The position can potentially be renewed for one more semester.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate(s) will be required to teach up to two (2) elective undergraduate courses within their field of specialization.
Applicants should ensure, before submitting an application, that in case they are selected they will be residing in Cyprus on a full-time basis during the employment period; submission of application implies acceptance of this condition. Furthermore, acceptance of this term must be also explicitly stated in the letter of application.
Remuneration is €60 Euro per teaching hour for PhD holders. Teaching duties start September 2nd and end December the 13th ,. The paid employment is for 15 weeks throughout the Fall semester 2019-20. Payment is made as follows: €60 per hour Χ teaching hours X 15 weeks for the Fall Semester.
Candidates must hold a Ph.D. in Translation Studies and have an excellent command of both English and Greek. Applicants do not necessarily need to be citizens of the Republic of Cyprus. Experience in teaching translation courses (both theoretical and practical) will be an asset.
- Applicants must submit:
- A letter of application, stating their interest in the position
- Suggested titles and a short description of potential courses they could offer Curriculum Vitae, with full contact details
- Two representative publications
- Copies of degrees and transcripts. The successful candidate(s) will be asked to submit certified copies from the Ministry of Education of Cyprus (if degrees were acquired in Cyprus) or from the respective institution abroad,
- If they apply for the first time to the Department, applicants must request two academic referees to send letters of recommendation directly to the University; the contact details of these referees must be submitted with the application.
- Recent Evaluations, if available
In case an applicant is employed in the public or wider public sector of the Republic of Cyprus, she/he must obtain permission in advance to work at the University from the appropriate Department/Ministry, or wider public sector authority.
Applications must be sent electronically (as pdf attachments) to Lecturer Vasso Giannakopoulou, Coordinator of the Translation Section, at the following email address: email@example.com
The deadline for receiving applications is Friday, May 31, 2019. Incomplete applications or applications sent after the deadline will not be considered.
For more details and other information, interested individuals may contact Dr. Giannakopoulou at the above email address.