Process Improvement Coordinator
RMIT is a multi-sector university of technology, design and enterprise with more than 91,000 students and 11,000 staff globally. RMIT offers postgraduate, undergraduate, vocational education and online programs to provide students with a variety of work-relevant pathways.
The University's mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, quality teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for students, getting them ready for life and work. With strong industry connections forged over 130 years, collaboration with industry remains integral to RMIT's leadership in education, applied and innovative research, and to the development of highly skilled, globally-focused graduates.
The College of Design and Social Context encompasses RMIT University's renowned art, architecture, design, built environment, communication, and social science disciplines. The college has 24,500 students and over 1,000 staff located in 8 schools. The College's academic programs are generally market leaders and in high demand. Based on a strong foundation of practise led, industry partnered teaching and research, we aim to deliver skilled graduates with a deep sense of purpose, and high impact research and innovation.
In this role you will be responsible for processes mapping and project support within the College. You will identify areas of improvement and using various agile tools, support College projects and initiatives You will contribute to the overall success of the team by working closely with various College and University teams to uplift and improve the service delivery models to students and staff.
- Develop and simplify business processes by using relevant methodologies and standards
- Facilitate workshops and engage with internal stakeholders within the College and University
- Build partnerships within and beyond your immediate work unit contributing to the success of the team
- Maintain and develop consistent portfolio-wide systems and processes
- Collect information on identified areas of improvement and define project objectives
Skills & Experience
- Experience in working on customer delivery projects using various methodologies and process mapping techniques
- Proven experience in cultivating and building strong portfolio of partnerships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and consultative skills, including influencing and negotiation with stakeholders from various backgrounds
- Previous experience within the Higher Education/University industry will be advantageous, but not necessary
Our people make everything at the University possible. We support new approaches to work and learning, stimulating change to drive positive impact. RMIT exists to build transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. You will be a part of a productive and dynamic team, who values working relationships and outcomes through open and inclusive planning, continuous information sharing and clear work practices
- Flexible working arrangements
- Be part of RMIT's academic life and attend various events and workshops
- Free access to RMIT's Wellness classes
- MYKI pass discount
To find out more, please visit our website: RMIT Employee Benefits
For further information, please see the position description below or contact Marie Maillart, Project Manager at email@example.com
Applications close on Tuesday, 23 April 2019.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly support applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.
RMIT was named as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality (EOCGE) from the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA) in 2018 based on significant progress made in 2017, and Gold Employer status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) in recognition of our commitment to celebrating the diverse genders, sexes and sexualities (DGSS) of our community.