Project Manager, Service Transition Lead
Division/School Strategic Planning Governance and Projects
Contract type Fixed Term Contract
Working pattern Full time
Salary £43,267 - £48,677 per annum
Closing date for applications 22-Apr-2019
Would you like to be a key member of a significant strategic improvement programme: Student Lifecycle Support Programme (SLSP)?
The University of Bristol have initiated SLSP to create user-friendly systems and a seamless administrative framework to support both staff and students. Working within an Agile/SCRUM delivery methodology, you will be a responsible for the end-to-end system testing.
This role has responsibility for leading Service Transition planning and processes across multiple work packages being managed by the programme.
- Ensure new services have a fully developed end to end support structure, including processes, SLAs and roles and responsibilities
- Ensure the effective transfer of support from programme to operations
- Ensure that appropriate levels of resourcing, training, tooling, support and documentation are included as part of the service transition
- Work closely with the Senior Project Manager and team to ensure all the necessary planning is undertaken and embedded
- Work closely with key stakeholders to ensure you maximise the success of services being deployed into the business.
- Develop and mature service transition processes
- Co-ordinate and/or manage staff that are part of the Service Transition Team
- Formal sign-off of the transition to operations, as part of the University’s governance processes
- Identify and manage risks related to service transition.
You will be a driven individual who can thrive in working independently and as part of a team, be a strong communicator/influence and able to present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences is essential.
The role is offered on a fixed term basis until the end of September 2020.
For informal enquiries, please email Chris Bowden, Senior Project Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org)
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Monday 22nd April 2019
We appreciate and value difference, seeking to attract, develop and retain a diverse mix of talented people that will contribute to the overall success of Bristol and help maintain our position as one of the world’s leading universities.