The eCities Project Intern will work closely with iLabs leadership and local governments from across the State of Michigan and aid in the collection, input, and analysis of publicly available data.
Responsibilities will include:
- contacting local government officials
- entering data
- reviewing publicly available data
- managing communications with local governments
- coordinating the analysis of collected data
- management of other daily aspects of the project
- The intern may also generally assist with other iLabs research projects, events, and administrative functions. This position will begin in May 2019 and conclude in December 2019.
Candidate must be a current UM-Dearborn student with the proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision while being attentive to detail. The eCities project intern must operate at a professional level, be organized, and be able to communicate with clients and other project stakeholders as necessary.
A candidate with experience with client management, economic development policies and best practices, project management, quantitative & qualitative analysis techniques, and State and Federal government websites is preferred. Additionally, a candidate should be proficient in Microsoft suite programs such as excel, word, publisher, and PowerPoint.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.