Senior Manager Student Advising and Retention
- Support La Trobe’s capability to provide high quality advice and support to students.
- Full time, continuing role based at Melbourne (Bundoora) or a regional campus
- $117,398 + 17% superannuation
About the role
The Senior Manager Student Advising and Retention is a strategic and predominantly outcomes-focused role, responsible for the design and delivery of strategies and initiatives that provide advice to support students, improve retention and maximise the transition experience for La Trobe University students.
Joining the newly created division of Student Success, this role will be charged with leading, managing and motivating staff involved in student advising across all campuses, developing their capabilities and supporting strong service connection across the institution. The incumbent will be committed to working in partnership with colleagues from across the university to inform and evaluate success and retention strategy and initiatives.
Previous experience working within the Higher Education sector and strong understanding of student advising is a must have and in addition the willingness to travel to our regional campuses.
Skills & Experience
In order to be successful in this position you will have:
- A strong passion for supporting success across the student lifecycle and a keen eye to enhance outcomes for future students of La Trobe University
- Demonstrated leadership skills with experience in influencing, managing and leading staff to create a cohesive and effective team
- Demonstrated effectiveness in the design, delivery and evaluation of successful and innovative strategic initiatives targeting issues related to student retention
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, including the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively on a range of sensitive and complex issues and capacity to work effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in advising, supporting and coaching a diverse range of staff to develop high quality practices in student engagement and retention
If you are enthusiastic and motivated about improving the student experience in Higher Education then this role is for you, APPLY NOW!
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to Apply
Closing date: Monday the 6th of May
Position Enquiries: Cailtin Hosking; Senior Recruitment Business Partner (03) 9479 1324 or C.Hosking@latrobe.edu.au
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please address Key Selection Criteria and attach these with your application.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
To apply and to view position description please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for job number 558225 under current vacancies.
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.