Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor, Teaching and Research, Health Services Management
- Advance the health service management body of knowledge through your research and teaching
- Lead the postgraduate health service management courses, preparing health professionals and managers for the challenges of health sector management
- Continuing, full-time role based at our Melbourne CBD (Collins St) campus
- $114,352 - $151,193 per annum plus up to 17% superannuation
- A competitive research start-up package is available
About La Trobe
La Trobe University’s success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia’s research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we’re passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
About the Role
The School of Psychology and Public Heath is seeking an experienced Senior Lecturer or Associate Professor to join its Department of Public Health and to play a key role in scholarly, research and professional activities. You will conduct and lead innovative and high impact research and engage students and professional managers through your high quality teaching and scholarly approach to learning and teaching.
This position presents an exciting opportunity to be part of a Department which has a strong commitment to improving the health of individuals and of society by building the capacity of practitioners working in a range of areas, to protect and promote health in organisations, workplaces, and local communities. The health service management position requires academic and professional experience in operations management/research.
In this position you will lead postgraduate course coordination for the health services management discipline. The Course Coordinator has a key role in assuring the quality of the academic programs and facilitating student success at the University. This role offers the opportunity for an outstanding candidate to utilise their demonstrated leadership skills and commitment to education excellence in leading the Master of Health Administration and associated programs, delivering high quality teaching and providing students with an exceptional experience. The coordinator role will be based mainly at La Trobe’s Melbourne CBD (Collins St) campus, but will also occasionally require attendance at the Melbourne (Bundoora) campus.
The successful candidate will not only have an excellent record in postgraduate teaching but will also have the ability to contribute to the Department’s research profile in public health, particularly in the area(s) of operations management/research and health services research.
Skills & Experience
You will demonstrate commitment to learning, teaching and research expertise as well as previous experience in health services management and be eligible for membership in the Australasian College of Health Service Management. You will also have academic administration experience and understand the needs of a diverse range of students. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collegially are key requirements of this role.
To succeed at level C, you will possess:
- A PhD or equivalent qualification(s) and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for discipline areas of operations management/research, health services management, or health services research.
- A strong record of research publication, relative to opportunity, with appropriate evidence of quality and impact.
- A national profile in independent research and/or as a member of a research team, as evidenced by the production of research publications and/or other work experience.
- An ability to design, coordinate and teach subjects and courses which provide a high-quality learning experience that engages undergraduate, honours and postgraduate students.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to others in subject or course level curriculum design and development and delivery of teaching.
- Commitment to developing an influential role in the national and international academic community.
- Experience in the supervision or co-supervision and mentoring of research and other staff.
To succeed at level D, you will possess all of the above and in addition:
- A distinguished record of nationally and/or internationally recognised independent research, with evidence of its impact and significance.
- Successful record of significant levels of external research funding through grants/contracts/consultancies.
- A record of attracting honours/research higher degree students and successful supervision.
- Evidence of effective contributions to leadership and management at the Department/School/College or University level.
How to Apply
Closing date: Sunday, May 5th
Position Enquiries: Professor Sandra Leggat; Head, Health Services Management | Email: S.Leggat@latrobe.edu.au
HR/Recruitment Enquiries: Melissa Favata, Recruitment Consultant, +61 3 9479 2030 or M.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate which level position you are applying for in your application and address Key Selection Criteria with your application.
Senior Lecturer (Level C) full-time position $114,352 - $131,620 + 17% superannuation | Associate Professor (Level D) full-time position $137,377 - $151,193 + 17% superannuation. Level of appointment will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University also offers a generous research start-up funding package, subject to negotiation and an agreed research plan.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.