Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Cranfield Forensic Institute
School/Department Cranfield Defence and Security
Based at Shrivenham, Oxfordshire - Cranfield Defence and Security
Hours of work 37 hours per week, normally worked Monday to Friday
Contract type Permanent
Salary Full time or part time (0.2 to 1 FTE)
Apply by 05/05/2019
Lecturer - £42,501 to £47,375 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £59,219 per annum) pro-rata for part time
Senior Lecturer - £52,162 to £58,139 per annum (with additional performance related pay up to £72,673 per annum) pro-rata for part time
These posts will be based at Shrivenham for the foreseeable future however it is possible it could become a split site role and at some point in the future it may relocate to Cranfield in Bedfordshire.
You will be responsible for the ongoing development and delivery of a range of educational courses in particular existing or new MSc modules on the Forensic MSc Programme.
You must have subject matter expertise in at least one of the following: Forensics Ballistics, Firearms, Explosives, Fire Investigation, Weapon Intelligence, Forensic Engineering/Materials Failures, Heritage Crime, Illicit antiquities, Imaging, Hazardous Forensics.
Main responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, deliver and assess a range of MSc modules in the field of forensic science ensuring coherence with both student needs and customer requirements
- Thesis supervision, primarily at MSc level and undertake PhD supervision if qualified
- Pursuance of an active and high impact research agenda in a field of forensic science or forensic engineering, including writing for and publishing in relevant high-quality peer-reviewed journals
- Maintaining and developing collaborative links within the School, wider University and externally, in particular universities, research councils and government
- A Senior Lecturer would be expected to provide leadership in CFI in the form of advice and guidance to colleagues, mentoring and as a role model
For the Lecturer post you will have a Masters level education in a related area and equivalent experience. For Senior Lecturer you will have a PhD or be nearing completion in a related area. You will have significant experience in an appropriate area in or related to forensic science, either commercially or for a university or equivalent. A PGCert in Academic Practice, publication of high impact research and experience in delivery of post graduate education are all desirable.
Interviews will be held 22 May 2019.
At Cranfield we value Diversity and Inclusion, and aim to create and maintain a culture in which everyone can work and study together harmoniously with dignity and respect and realise their full potential. We actively consider flexible working options such as part-time, compressed or flexible hours and/or an element of homeworking, and commit to exploring the possibilities for each role.