Department : Department of Women & Children's Health
The eLIXIR Research Tissue bank is part of a larger data linkage study that will investigate the relationship between maternal and child health in a local population. For more information, see http://www.guysandstthomasbrc.nihr.ac.uk/research/research-themes/women-and-childrens-health/elixir-study/
- A technical role within the Department of Women and Children's Health, supporting recruitment of participants to the eLIXIR Research Tissue bank and ongoing clinical trials.
- Sample processing and archiving
- Maintaining biobank, compressing sample collections and monitoring tracking accuracy.
- Assisting with developing and updating documentation for training, competency assessment and health & safety.
- Assisting with stock and inventory management
Skills and attributes for success:
- Very high attention to detail, accuracy and a methodical approach for the delivery of high quality work
- Utilise existing skillsets and learn new skills to support, fulfil and deliver the requirements of the Biobank
- Flexibility to work as part of a team, ensuring seamless service between the Trust and the College.
This post will be offered on a fixed term contract for 10 months.
This is a full time post.
The selection process will include a panel interview.
Grade and Salary : Grade 4, £27,994 to £29,466 per annum, inclusive of £3,223 per annum London Allowance.
Job ID : 012627
Post Date : 05-Apr-2019
Close Date : 21-Apr-2019
Contact Person : Cally Gill
Contact Details : eLIXIR@kcl.ac.uk