Postdoctoral Fellow in Computer Science
7 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Computer Science
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- We are seeking a researcher with a keen interest in performing cutting-edge research in a very active and exciting research area of autonomous vehicles (AVs) in collaboration with MIT. In our research, we consider multi-vehicle coordinated path and tour planning with bounded risk of collision. Several technical challenges arise from the uncertain environment in which AVs operate, such as road and weather conditions, errors in perception and sensory input data, and uncertainty in communication channel between vehicles. A robust AV control algorithm should account for different sources of uncertainty and should generate control policies that are quantifiably safe. Algorithms that respect precise safety measures can also assist policy makers to address legislative issues related to AVs, such as insurance policies and road network usage along with non-autonomous vehicles.
- Affinity for turning complex concepts into real-world practice (i.e. vehicle demonstrators)
- The applicant might stay at least one month at CSAIL, MIT
- Provide assistance to MSc and PhD students within the team whenever needed
- Prospective applicants preferably have (or will soon obtain) a PhD degree related to Computer Science or Robotics.
- Solid mathematics knowledge (especially linear algebra and statistics, and preferebly in convex optimization).
- Good software development skills are expected, preferably in C++ and Python. (This requirement could be relaxed if the candidate has strong research focus in robust and stochastic optimization.)
- Applicants should have an excellent academic record with background in path planning, preferably in an automotive context.
- The successful applicant(s) will be able to conduct work independently as well as collaborate effectively with members of a larger team.
- Good English skills are required.
- Preferably research experience in the area of Robotics/AI
- Either strong hands-on experience with hardware (Microcontrollers, I2C, CAN bus...) and back-end development (e.g., Linux command line and server configuration), or strong focus on robust and stochastic optimization theory (or both).
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).
Apply for Postdoctoral Fellow in Computer Science
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly