Business Development Associates
3 days left
- Full Time
- Support BDM teams in Physical Sciences, ICT & Engineering or Life Sciences
- $93,590 – $117,875 +17% super + annual leave loading
- 2-year fixed term contracts
Reporting to a Senior Business Development Manager, the BDA roles will provide an opportunity for professionals with experience in research, technology commercialisation and/or technical sales, seeking to work at the intersection of science and industry to bridge the gap and drive successful innovation. The BDA will provide intelligent support to a Business Development Team working at the cutting- edge of research commercialisation.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- IP and Commercialisation deals
- Research Engagement
- Technology Marketing and Partner Identification
- General administration
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university, which is a global leader in discovery, innovation, impact, education and thought leadership, can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
The Business Development team, within Knowledge Exchange (KE) is focused on developing and closing technology and R&D related business deals including research partnerships (contract, collaborative, consulting) and IP commercialisation (licenses, spinouts/start-ups, Intellectual Property), based on UNSW knowledge and capability. The team is comprised of a diverse range of sector expertise to facilitate the attainment of the University’s knowledge exchange goals. These sectors are broadly grouped under Engineering & ICT, Physical Sciences, Life Sciences and Humanities & Social Sciences.
About the successful applicant
You can demonstrate your experience providing pre-sales support to a dynamic business development team including:
- A relevant tertiary qualification (scientific or engineering preferred) or an equivalent level of knowledge and experience in a technical area gained through any combination of education, training and experience
- Knowledge and experience in the identification and management of new technology, IP and commercialisation
- Relevant networks and experience in engaging with industry and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated success working effectively and collaboratively on initiatives with a range of people at different levels within an organisation
- Proven ability to work effectively with minimal supervision, including setting own workflow and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to liaise effectively with all levels of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communication, presentation, influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrated ability to use project management skills
- Advanced level of computer literacy with excellent skills in Microsoft Office applications and databases
If supporting business deals with the potential for global and social impact are of interest to you, please submit your application including a CV, Cover Letter (stating sector preference/s) and Responses to Selection Criteria nominated in the Position Description.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: 9385 2401
Applications close: 11 pm Sunday 28th April 2019
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.