Student Services Representative
Work type: Continuing
Division/Faculty: University Services
Department/School: Department of Academic Services and Registrar
Salary: $65,045 - $69,033 (UOM 4)
Role & Superannuation rate: Professional - Full time - 17% super
About University Services
University Services comprises of 1,600 professional staff focused on providing client-centric and innovative services to the University. The group is providing transformational change, defining and influencing future service enhancements, and acts as a shared services function within the University of Melbourne.
About the role
The Student Services Representative position is an essential part of the Stop 1 team, responding to a broad range of enquiries in accordance with established business practice guidelines and referral protocols. This includes the accurate and timely provision of information to current students, future students, internal stakeholders and the general public, immediate transactional support for a range of activities, management of feedback and complaints, and appropriate referral for specialist assistance. The aim in all instances is to empower our customers to self-manage future enquiries as far as possible.
Ideally you will have:
- An undergraduate qualification and/or equivalent mix of education and relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing quality customer service and ability to manage pressure in a fast-paced, front-line customer service environment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with demonstrated experience in effectively managing enquiries via phone, email, chat and in person.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work flexibly across a range of enquiry channels and activities between multiple service environments.
- Experience working within a clear set of protocols and guidelines, including the appropriate referral of enquiries for higher level assistance.
- Maximise your benefits through our Salary Packaging scheme
- Flexible family friendly policies, providing generous leave and working conditions
- The opportunity to work in a culturally rich environment
- A substantial discount to eligible staff and their immediate families in undertaking further studies at the University of Melbourne
To find out more, go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/working/benefits
The University is a vibrant campus. We have well-established clubs and networks giving the opportunity to engage and collaborate with other staff around the University. We strive to create an environment where staff and students promote culturally inclusive behaviour and activities, ensure cultural differences are heard and explored, and actively seek to learn from other cultures.
How to apply
Your application submitted should include a CV along with your responses against the selection criteria found in the Position Description for the role.
*For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to http://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/search/info/selection-criteria
Advertised: 05 Apr 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Apr 2019 11:55 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time