Job Req ID: 15186
The Department of Medicine, Division of Occupational Medicine is seeking a Nurse Practitioner. This position provides clinical and administrative coverage at the Frito Lay Headquarters on site clinic in Plano, Texas. The position reports directly to the Regional Coordinator for the Frito Lay/JHU partnership. The position also works closely with the Executive Director and Assistant Director of the Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide on-site clinical services at the Frito Lay HQ clinic in Plano, Texas.
- Triage and treat, as appropriate, minor work related and non-work related injuries and illnesses.
- Dispense over the counter and prescription medications in accordance with pre-established standing orders to employees with minor work-related and non-work related concerns (back pain, headache, and pharyngitis).
- Provide on-site specimen/lab collection for employees presenting lab orders from their PCP.
- Provide on-site testing for strep pharyngitis, UTI, influenza, hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia.
- Provide support and case management for both work-related and non-work related conditions for the purposes of reducing illness and absenteeism.
- Coordinate second opinions for employees absent due to workers compensation or disability, as necessary in adherence with company protocols.
- Coordinate annual seasonal influenza vaccination program.
- Coordinate, plan and deliver monthly health education seminars and general wellness events.
- Provide referrals for Frito Lay employees who need the attention of a primary care physician or specialist in adherence with company protocols.
- Perform on-site physical assessments (pre-placement, return to work, fitness for duty) as required by Frito Lay.
- Provide travel immunizations and guidance for employees traveling abroad for company business.
- Provide on-site patient education regarding illnesses, medications, treatments, etc.
- Work collaboratively with patients and their PCP/Specialist to facilitate early diagnosis and management of acute and chronic health problems.
Administrative services provided to Frito Lay include:
- Maintain and revise as needed nursing procedures, protocols and standing orders.
- Maintain adequate clinical supplies.
- Maintain Letter of Permit Exception with the Texas Department of Health/CLIA required for lab testing provided on-site.
- Maintain patient medical records.
Work collaboratively with the Benefits team:
- To coordinate and plan health and wellness events and initiatives.
- To manage STD, LTD and workers’ compensation claims.
- To expand clinic services
- Provide crisis management/intervention, as needed.
- Provide general medical advice to the Frito Lay Human Resources and Safety/Risk Management departments.
- Ensure the provision of prompt, appropriate clinical care to all patients in accordance with Frito Lay and Johns Hopkins University protocols, State regulations and professional standards.
- Develop relationships with clinical providers in the area to provide back-up clinical care.
- Ensure timely and appropriate problem resolution and follow-up to Frito Lay employees as required.
- Ensure all patients receive prompt, courteous, friendly and professional attention to their needs and requests.
- Ensure Frito Lay onsite clinic facility is neat, clean and attractive.
- Develop and implement new administrative policies and procedures as needed to ensure smooth operation of Frito Lay onsite clinic.
- Conduct self in an exemplary fashion to achieve goals.
- Supervise one Medical Office Coordinator
Must be licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the Texas Board of Nursing or in the state where practicing. If state permits licensure without certification, must become certified by appropriate certifying agency within 9 months of hire. Minimum 2 years related experience; adult medicine Current CPR certification required. Must maintain current licensure and all certifications during duration of employment.
- Analytical ability necessary to evaluate and determine health status of patient and implement proper care.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interview, teach and counsel patients and interact with clients/employers.
- A comprehensive understanding of outpatient adult medicine, patient care procedures, medical protocols, testing procedures is necessary.
- PC and PC applications along with other general office equipment.
- Specialty equipment as indicated including:
- Cholestech machine
Sitting, standing and walking for extended period. Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction. Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s). Ability to move standard equipment through a hospital or clinical environment.
Classified Title: Nurse Practitioner
Starting Salary Range: Competitive; Commensurate with experience
Employee Group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Frito Lay, Plano, Texas
Department Name: Medicine, Occupational Medicine
Personnel Area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
MD - Other Location