Lecturer in Academic Writing
Application closing date 28/04/2019
Faculty / School or Service Library
Salary £32,243 - £40,802 per annum
Package As one of Coventry's biggest employers, we offer some pretty impressive benefits including an excellent pension scheme and generous holiday allowances.
Job category/type Academic
The Centre for Academic Writing (CAW) at Coventry University is an innovative teaching and research centre whose mission is: to enable students to become confident writers, to support academics in teaching writing, and to support colleagues in writing for research and publication. The Centre has built an internal, national, and international reputation for leading in the area of 'whole-university' writing support underpinned by research and expertise in Academic Writing pedagogy.
We seek to hire a Lecturer in Academic Writing to join CAW's existing team of Lecturers on a full-time permanent basis. Based in CAW, the Lecturer in Academic Writing role is central to conceptualising, planning, and delivering writing development for undergraduates, postgraduates, academics, researchers, and professional services staff, and for working strategically on writing development with students and staff across the Coventry University Group.
A specific focus of this post is to continue to lead on key initiatives begun by the current post-holder on developing CAW's online offer to create parity between CAW's face-to-face and online provision.
These initiatives include:liaising with the University's online campus (CUOnline) to create a standard set of electronic/online Academic Writing support materials for use by all students and staff across the CU Group;
- collaborating with the Library to ensure a consistent approach to referencing and academic integrity materials and online guidance to support referencing,
- guiding and assisting lecturers in the Faculties to create and deliver writing support for their students online.
These and other initiatives for building current and future online writing provision are strategic projects that require leadership and dedicated time by the successful candidate. In addition, you will also carry out:
- Add+Vantage teaching to students on CAW's suite of popular undergraduate Academic Writing modules, including module leadership where allocated,
- PGR and staff writing and teaching consultations,
- planning, leading, and teaching on Scholarly Writing Retreats and PGR Themed Writing Weeks,
- teaching on CAW's MA/PGDip 'Academic Writing Development and Research'/ PGCert 'Academic Writing Development',
- all teaching and administrative work associated with the Lecturer role.
It is essential that you have a PhD in Academic Writing, Linguistics, Education, or a related subject. PhD holders in STEM-related disciplines with experience of teaching and/or researching writing in STEM subjects will also be considered.
It is essential that proficiency in ICT and its application to teaching, learning, and applied research can be clearly demonstrated.
More searches like this
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Education Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Coventry
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Languages, Literature & Linguistics Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Coventry
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Social Sciences Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Coventry
- £40,001 - £50,000 Permanent Arts & Humanities Lecturers / Assistant Professors jobs in Coventry