Full Professor in Critical Approaches in ICT
FULL PROFESSOR IN CRITICAL APPROACHES IN ICT
The Department of Communications and New Media at the National University of Singapore (NUS) seeks to hire a tenured Full Professor with research and teaching specialization in Critical Approaches to ICTs, in one or more of the following areas: social class and labour issues in ICTs; platform and network theories; communication, development and social change; comparative media studies; globalization and communication; communication and policy.
Qualifications: Successful candidates must have a Ph.D. in Communication or a closely related field, generally with more than 10 years’ postdoctoral experience, and a demonstrated international track record of research and teaching distinction in the field.
Responsibilities: Successful candidates are expected to teach 3 modules per academic year. Other duties include supervision of honours students and graduate students, and administrative service.
Context: Established in 2004, the Department of Communications and New Media is a leader in communication and new media research and education. It offers undergraduate, honours and PhD programmes in communications and new media studies, with an innovative curriculum that introduces students to key debates in the areas of media studies, communication management, interactive media design and cultural studies. Its curriculum provides students with practical skills in social media management, user interface design, and digital marketing. Its students undertake industry immersion through its compulsory internship programme. The Department also offers an undergraduate double degree with the School of Business; undergraduate minors in Interactive Media Design and Cultural Studies, and the Cultural Studies in Asia PhD programme. It has research concentrations in media psychology, health communication and cultural studies. Successful candidates for these positions will join an engaging community of 32 full-time faculty, 12 part-time instructors, and 760 undergraduate and graduate students.
For tenure-track applications, post-doctoral experience and a proven or strongly emerging track record of high quality research and impactful publications, alongside clear research plans, are highly desirable.
Remuneration is competitive and includes medical, housing, relocation and other benefits. Significant research start-up funding is available if appointed on the tenure track.
Singapore is a modern, English-speaking city state that is connected to the world via global commerce, finance and transport networks with a stable climate year round and a cosmopolitan mix of cultures and languages.
Applicants should indicate clearly the position they are applying for and submit the following materials at email@example.com
- NUS Personal Particulars Form (downloadable from http://www.fas.nus.edu.sg/cnm/images/Brochures/Personal-Particulars-Form.doc)
- NUS Personal Data Consent Form for Job Applicants (downloadable from http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/files/NUS-Personal-Data-Consent-for-Job-Applicants.pdf)
- Full CV, including education, professional background, teaching and supervision, research activities and achievements, honours and awards, and service accomplishments to date. All PhD and postdoctoral supervisors or any other senior authors with close and regular collaborations (full name and institution) should be listed. List all academic and non-academic positions.
- Copies of degrees obtained.
- Name and contact details of PhD advisor/supervisor.
- A statement of teaching philosophy and methodology and experience (max. 3 pages)
- Teaching evaluations and peer review reports, if available. Other evidence of teaching excellence and/or other contributions to education e.g. curriculum development, pedagogical innovation, etc should be provided.
- A research statement (max. 3 pages) highlighting major accomplishments and short- and longer-term research plans, citing up to five significant publications, creative works or other scholarly contributions, and explaining their significance. Sample copies of these contributions should be provided.
- Sample copies of research publications, if available.
- A complete list of publications, grouped according to papers, books, and reviews, including page numbers, in bibliographic form.
- Please indicate total number of publications to date, citation analysis (excluding self-citations and in the case of co-authored work, cross-citations), and impact analysis of research output, highlighting papers with the highest citation counts, and creative works with high impact.
- University service. List and elaborate on the impact of service to the Department, Faculty and/or University, particularly where there are impactful leadership.
- Public and Professional Service. List and elaborate on the impact of service to the international academic community, profession/industry, and national/international agencies.
- A list of SIX external reviewers recommended (names, contact details, applicant's relationship to them). These external reviewers should preferably not be close collaborators or the applicant's PhD/post-doc supervisor.
Application Deadline: 26 April 2019
For full consideration, please submit a complete application, including a list of external reviewers. Applications received after this date may be considered until the position is filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Enquiries may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information about working at the National University of Singapore is available at http://www.nus.edu.sg/careers/whyjoinus.htm.
Apply for Full Professor in Critical Approaches in ICT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly