Technician Hub Retail IT Specialist
Job Req ID: 15197
Johns Hopkins Tech Hub Retail IT Specialist
General Position Summary:
This is a unique opportunity to participate in the opening of a new Johns Hopkins owned retail technology store (the “Johns Hopkins Tech Hub”) selling Apple, Microsoft, and Dell products and accessories to Johns Hopkins faculty, staff, and students. As a Retail IT Specialist, you will responsible for delivering an exceptional technology experience to Johns Hopkins constituents for purchasing or servicing products available either in-store or through traditional Hopkins purchasing methods. To provide guidance to customers, the incumbent will need to be well versed in current mobile computing technologies and familiar with how these devices integrate and perform in the Hopkins computing environment.
May understand project life cycle. Works under supervision/guidance for assigned sections of life cycle. Examples can easily be found in existing code, methods or online. Typically, concepts used are simple and standard.
- Greet and provide service to customers, faculty, staff, and students in a friendly, respectful, and helpful manner, including assisting customers with purchase selections.
- Process sales transactions accurately and according to established procedures.
- Prepare merchandise displays, assist with store layout and advertising copy; organize racks and shelves to maintain the visual appeal of the store.
- When not serving customers assists with pricing merchandise, stocking shelves, updating inventory, and helping keep an orderly stock area.
- In cooperation with the Tech Hub leadership team maintain positive, ongoing relationships with campus contacts and continue to develop new contacts through campus outreach initiatives.
- Assist with routine store inventory and fiscal year-end store inventory procedures.
- Keep up-to-date on current computer/technology products industry trends by reading newsletters, reviews, meeting with Apple representative, etc.
- Ensure the security of company assets and the safety of employees and customers.
- Provide deliveries of products (as needed and appropriate) to customers residing on the Johns Hopkins East Baltimore campus.
High School diploma/GED.
Work experience in a professional environment including experience obtained through an internship or fellowship program is required. Additional education may substitute for experience.
Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities (KSA’s):
- Must possess all requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities as posted in the supplemental section.
- Ability to work on multiple priorities effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Writes and communicates clearly and concisely.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate exemplary customer service skills
Classified Title: IT Specialist
Working Title: Johns Hopkins Tech Hub Retail IT Specialist
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OF
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday; 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10000023-IT@JH Client Technology Solutions
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus