Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor at Skoltech Space Center
Skoltech Space Center (SSC) of Skolkovo Institute of Technology, Moscow, Russia, invites outstanding applicants in the area of Aerospace Engineering for tenure track and tenured faculty positions at all ranks (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor). Preference will be placed on applicants with research expertise in two domains:
- Remote Sensing. Particular focus is to applications of remote sensing to address societal challenges. Candidates are expected to demonstrate the use of advanced data processing techniques (e.g. data processing using machine learning) or advances in removing bottlenecks in data transmission (data compression, hardware solutions for ground stations) .
- Control systems. Theoretical background and hardware expertise in spacecraft control systems. Particular focus is to design novel control systems for miniaturised satellites (up to 100 kg), solving problems for swarm control, rendezvous and docking, development of solutions for space debris mitigation.
Candidates’ experience and potential of developing an impactful research program, obtaining research grants and industrial contracts, and teaching graduate and post-graduate level courses will be considered.
- Developing an internationally-renowned, externally funded, independent research program
- Teaching graduate and postgraduate courses
- Advising students at all levels in research activities
- Participating in Skoltech shared governance processes and service activities
- Ph.D. in an Engineering or Science Discipline from an internationally recognised educational or research institution
- Proven ability or clear potential to secure externally-sponsored research
- Demonstrated ability to produce scholarly publications
- Expression of a strong dedication to graduate and postgraduate level teaching and mentoring
- Commitment to inclusiveness for all students in teaching, learning and advising
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
How to apply:
Review of applications will continue until the positions have been filled. Applicants should submit the following documents:
- cover letter
- curriculum vitae
- two-page statement of teaching interests and philosophy,
- statement of research plans
- innovation statement, and
- the names and contact information of at least three professional references.
Submission deadline is October 15 2019.
Skoltech is committed to diversity and equality, and all applicants are invited to apply regardless of their gender, race or nationality.