Research Assistant in Electrical Engineering
Organization Name Electrical and Computer Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class,research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Conducting high-level research in the area of electric vehicles mainly focused on designing an efficient, cost effective drive train for electric car. Responsibilities include working with the research team consisting of faculty members, post-doctoral research fellows,PhD and MSc research scholars. Work would involve analyzing various components and systems such as the power drive train, power transmission and steering system of electric vehicles. End goal would be to contribute in the development of a prototype and testing it. Additional responsibilities are interactive research with other research groups on related areas such as wireless charging,regenerative breaking, super capacitors, battery charging and power management systems, electric motor control, communication and safety systems.
- Minimum qualification in Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics/Mechanical with exposure on MATLAB or equivalent simulation tools, Electric drives and control, Power converters,digital controllers, programming microprocessor or DSC systems. Knowledge of basic working principle of power transmission and drive system, SOLIDWORKS or equivalent 3D visualization tools, CAD software tools will be an added advantage. Fresh Master degree holders or the master’s degree students working towards their thesis with a plan to carryout thesis work under this research project (subject to necessary approval from the thesis supervisors and institute)can also apply.
- Relevant experience in one or more area in automobile industry , power drive train design, design of digital controllers,programming digital controllers, PCB design and testing, power converters ,simulation tools and CAD tools .
How To Apply
Note: You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)