- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
About the role
- $85,326k - $91,023k Pro Rata plus 9.5% superannuation and leave loading
- 12 mth-Fixed Term-Part Time
- 14hr per week with possibility to increase to 21hrs
- Flexible with days & timing
- Oversee effective office operations and provide executive support to the director of Design Next, including confidential reception, diary/calendar and email management and other administrative services.
- Integrate information from various sources to draft documents and correspondence for the Director including letters, emails, invitations, reports, presentations and briefing notes.
- Ensure the Director is appropriately prepared for all meetings and complete any assigned follow-up items, providing assistance as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships across the Faculty, UNSW - wide and externally to support the Director to maintain effective communications.
- Oversee, coordinate and support all aspects of events such as meetings, workshops, functions and conferences.
- Manage travel arrangements for Design Next, including flight and transport bookings, itineraries, accommodation, conference registrations and any other requirements.
- Reconcile credit card and coordinate expense reimbursements for the Director.
- Interpret and apply UNSW and Faculty guidelines and processes to all activities as appropriate.
- Develop, implement and maintain administrative systems and procedures to streamline processes and facilitate administrative efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Undertake reception duties, including face-to-face inquiries and couriers.
- Ensure all correspondence is filtered, answered, passed on or re-directed as necessary, using a high level of judgement, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Service a range of designated Faculty Committees, including preparing and disseminating meeting agendas, papers and minutes, following up action points and other necessary documentation.
- Support the operations of Design Next by accessing and engaging with the various shared service interfaces, e.g. complete service requests for a Faculty event/publication to be actioned by the Division of External Relations.
- Provide general administrative support to Design Next, independently analysing requirements and prioritising administrative matters a cross the portfolio.
- Administer Design Next’s internal funding schemes, including managing approval and award processes.
- Reconcile, monitor and report on Design Next’s budgets, including managing yearly carry-forward process.
- Provide project and event management support to Design Next, including in the coordination of initiatives at a Faculty and University - wide level, and the implementation of the Design Next’s educational and research plans under the UNSW 2025 Strategy.
- Coordinate development, reviews, updates and maintenance of communications and marketing materials for Design Next portfolio in collaboration with the relevant Faculty staff and the Division of External Relations, including key items such as a monthly Newsletter, Yammer, website and Intranet.
- Maintain internal and external contact databases, ensuring the inclusion of accurate, relevant and up-to-date data.
- Perform a range of duties to ensure the service requirements of Design Next are met; including back-up for periods of leave for all administration roles in the Faculty and Schools.
- Apply, interpret and advise on relevant policies and procedures; contribute to the development, continuous improvement and implementation of administrative systems and guidelines.
- Cooperate with all health and safety policies and procedures of the university and take all reasonable care to ensure that your actions or omissions do not impact on the health and safety of yourself or others.
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
Applications close: 21st April 11.00 pm Australian, Eastern Standard time
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document