Director, Strategy Performance and Market Analysis
3-5 year fixed term appointment full time
A competitive salary package will be negotiated including 17% superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019), and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Office of Strategy and Planning
This area supports the development of the University through:
- leadership and co-ordination of strategic planning
- analysis and projection of student and staff data to assist with resource planning and review
- support and monitoring of Curtin's key Strategic Projects and Programs that develop from strategic planning activities
- leadership and strategic advice in the planning and management of quality matters statistical reporting to both internal and external clients
- provision of information and advice to the University community on external factors impacting on Curtin's operations and future
- provision of market and institutional research
- provision and maintenance of Business Intelligence tools to facilitate self-service reporting
Your new role
The Director oversees the development, implementation, and evaluation of strategy, performance and market analysis processes and systems that support the achievement of the University’s vision, mission and goals.
You will lead a cross functional team and co-ordinate resources and activities to ensure University wide initiatives and projects are planned and managed. You will drive the University’s Planning Framework, facilitate effective strategic planning processes across the University, liaise and collaborate with senior internal and external stakeholders, and provide recommendations to improve strategic planning processes.
Other key responsibilities include managing environmental scanning and market analysis, identifying threats and opportunities and developing competitive strategies to address these, and monitoring and reporting on University KPI’s for the Senior Executive Team and Council.
You will bring to the role
Post graduate tertiary qualifications and/or relevant senior management experience. An outstanding understanding and experience in strategic planning processes, business and competitor analysis and data analytics is required and superior written and verbal communication abilities, with key strengths in negotiation and influencing. You must also possess well developed relationship building and collaboration skills, with strong leadership and complex project management skills.
What we offer you
Curtin University offers you an exciting career path including:
- The opportunity to work with the brightest minds in a leading innovative and progressive, research intensive and industry engaged University
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic leadership team focussed on excellence and driving strong strategic outcomes
- An attractive remuneration package and work place flexibility
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
Please provide a full CV and you are also encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria which can be found in the Position Description
Applications close: 9am Friday 26 April 2019 and must be submitted online below.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
If you require further information you may contact:
People Business Partner
Phone: 08 9266 4386
Dr Marco Schultheis
Chief Strategy Officer
Phone: 08 9266 7457
Please only apply via the attached link. Please do not send your resume direct to the above contacts.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.