Research Data Analyst
Job Req ID: 15099
Research Data Analyst
We are currently seeking a Research Data Analyst to provide support for several studies on sex work, substance use and HIV/STI risk. The Research Data Analyst will work closely with the Principle Investigator and other research team members (e.g. Study Directors and Post-doctoral Fellows) to support the conduct of the research. The individual will help manage, analyze, interpret, and report study findings. Analyses are anticipated to result in presentations and manuscripts.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Data management including developing and implementing QA/QC procedures (including data checking and cleaning of data).
- Merging data, creating and recoding variables to prepare data for analyses.
- Analyzing data using a variety of standard techniques and platforms.
- Presenting and summarizing analyses in various formats including raw output, tables, and graphics, oral and written reports.
- Participating in field staff and analysis meetings.
- Using standard computer software packages for analyzing data using a variety of standard statistical techniques (e.g. regression and longitudinal data analysis).
- Proficiency in at least one major statistical analysis software package (e.g. SAS, Stata, SPSS, R, NVIVO, Atlas etc.) as well as Microsoft Office software.
- Excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.
- Supporting IRB submissions.
- Candidate must be detail oriented and able to work independently on assigned tasks.
- Leading analyses and the writing of research manuscripts
- Bachelor's degree in related discipline.
- Three (3) years related experience.
- Additional education (Master's level) may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. *
- Knowledge of working with diverse populations
- Experience with data collection, entry and management.
- Experience in community-based research.
- Conducting interviewer-administered surveys.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work effectively both in a team and independently.
Classified Title: Research Data Analyst
Working Title: Research Data Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $22.95 - $31.59/ commensurate with experience
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 05-MD:School of Public Health
Department name: 10001130-Research Projects
Personnel area: School of Public Health
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Public Health - East Baltimore Campus