Institutions Engagement Manager
Institutions Engagement Managers
UKRI - RE
Research England (RE) is a partner organisation within UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). UKRI is a new entity that brings together nine partners to create an independent organisation with a strong voice for research and innovation, and a vision to ensure the UK maintains its world-leading position in research and innovation.
As a key component of the research funding system, RE oversees UKRI’s England-only functions in relation to university research and knowledge exchange.
About the role
We are seeking 3 Institutions Engagement Managers to join our growing Insight and Engagement Team.
In this role, you will:
- have your own your portfolio of English universities with which you'll engage closely at all levels
- develop and maintain strong, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders in institutions, visiting your institutions regularly to discuss their research and knowledge exchange strategies, and promote funding
- be highly aware of the institutional interactions on research and knowledge exchange issues that happen through RE’s policy teams, coordinating activities and drawing up working methods to enable the sharing and capturing of key information relevant to RE’s priorities
- have a key role in advising colleagues across RE and UKRI on sector trends and institutional strengths and characteristics, informing policy development and delivery
- have a key role in shaping and implementing RE's institutional engagement strategy and helping the new team implement and evaluate processes to support high-quality and effective engagement.
You will be based at RE’s Bristol office, but we will consider regional posts (attached to an available UKRI office) with regular time spent in the Bristol office. You may also be required to attend meetings in London and Swindon.
You will have a strong understanding of the higher education sector, be able to work with considerable autonomy, and be effective at working across the organisation to improve the outcomes of the work of your colleagues.
You will be confident in your dealings with internal and external stakeholders, be capable of keeping a cool head in challenging, fast-changing situations and be able to prioritise well to meet deadlines.
Experience of organisational change and working in the university sector would be highly advantageous.
What we offer
We offer a flexible working scheme, a Career Average Revalued Earnings pension scheme, 30 days annual leave allowance and a number of other benefits
How to Apply
Applicants are required to include a cover letter outlining their suitability for this role.
Applications are handled by UK SBS; to apply please click the apply button. Applicants who are unable to apply online should contact us by telephone on +44 (0)1793 867000.
The closing date for applications is 24th April 2019.