Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, Human Resources Management
The College of the North Atlantic - Qatar is inviting nominations and applications for the position of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, Human Resources Management, in the School of Business Management and Information Technology. Reporting to the Department Chair, the Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, Human Resources Management must be a proven leader with the skills and expertise necessary to support the School of Business Management and Information Technology in fully implementing the College’s mission and vision.
College of the North Atlantic - Qatar Profile:
The beautiful and culturally progressive State of Qatar is home to the world-class post-secondary institution, College of the North Atlantic-Qatar (CNA-Q). Internationally recognized as a comprehensive technical college, CNA-Q is committed to high quality, student-centered education. This commitment is reflected through state-of-the-art facilities, accessible and responsive technology programs and strong partnerships with industry.
With more than 600 staff and 3,000 students, CNA-Q is one of Qatar’s largest post-secondary institutions offering over 26 diploma programs through student-centered learning. By providing training in a range of technical areas including Engineering Technology, Health Sciences, Industrial Trades, Business Studies and Information Technology, CNA-Q brings the State closer to the goals of Qatar National Vision 2030.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will assist the College in achieving its mission and vision by developing technical, academic and occupationally-aligned courses and programs, delivering quality instruction in the associated area of specialization, and supporting learning and research consistent with the principles and goals of an institute of applied sciences and technology.
Candidates should have an outstanding record of teaching and industry experience, and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, Human Resources Management at the College of the North Atlantic - Qatar. The Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, Human Resources Management reports to the Department Chair and is responsible to support the School of Business Management and Information Technology in the following areas:
The Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor, Human Resources Management is responsible to:
- Develop course outlines, syllabi, lesson plans, instructional materials, and assessments to create an optimum learning environment in alignment with the School’s curriculum outcomes, evolving professional scopes of practice, and industry requirements.
- Deliver instruction to maximize student development and retention, employing a variety of teaching and development strategies to meet diverse student needs.
- Contribute to faculty, course and program meetings and participate in initiatives to monitor and enhance student success.
- Fulfill the role of subject-matter-expert through various program and campus-wide activities as well as external industry and community engagements.
- Demonstrate a command of educational best practices within the discipline by aligning learning assignments within practical industry-relevant contexts.
- Maintain course portfolio documents required for accreditation purposes and engage in instructional redevelopment/improvement plans.
- Maintain accurate records of student progress and attendance and provide prompt feedback, recording grades and attendance within established deadlines.
- Learn, use and recommend educational technologies and resources to enhance learning experiences for students.
- Prepare high quality learning support materials using the College’s LMS (D2L) to engage learners.
- Maintain membership in relevant professional organizations.
- Initiate and contribute to scholarly and creative activities in support of Qatar’s research priorities.
- Provide substitution for colleagues in case of absence to ensure that there is no interruption in student learning.
- Oversee the work of Teaching Assistants to ensure laboratory equipment is appropriately prepared for instructional delivery and, appropriate supplies and instructional resources are available for lessons and demonstrations.
Education and Certifications:
- Doctorate degree in Human Recourse Management (or equivalent) from a recognized, accredited institution. A terminal degree in a closely related field maybe considered
- Professional licensure in a recognized Human Resources professional/certification body
- 10+ years of employment experience with a combination of experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline as well experience in a supervisory/management role within the relevant discipline
- Teaching experience in a post-secondary, adult training, or industry training environment
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education)
- Record of successful participation/leadership in applied research projects
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology-based projects
- A minimum of five (5) years of employment experience as a practitioner/professional within the relevant discipline.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual in English and Arabic is preferable.
- IELTS score of 7 and above.
Other Required Skills:
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate.
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning.
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community.
- English language proficiency equivalent to IELTS 7.0 and above.
- Internationally competitive income (salary is commensurate with experience).
- Furnished accommodation (in accordance with CNA-Q HR policies).
- Annual air ticket to home country (for employee, spouse and up to 3 children under age 18).
- Educational allowance for candidate's children in accordance with CNA-Q HR policies.
- Group health insurance in accordance with CNA-Q HR policies.
- Annual Leave in accordance with CNA-Q HR policies.
How to Apply:
Applications should be submitted via our online application portal at https://careers.cna-qatar.com/en/job-search-results/. Please complete all application sections and ensure that you attach:
- A letter of application, concisely outlining your interest in and qualifications for the position.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Any additional documentation that you feel is relevant to your application.
- Names and contact information of three referees.
- Copy of highest earned credential (successful candidates must provide a recent certificate of conduct as well as original transcripts sent directly to our office from the institution).
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of the State of Qatar visa process.