Executive Assistant to Head of School
- Excellent Opportunity for an Executive Assistant to be an integral member of the School’s Leadership Unit and provide administrative support to the Head of School and Dean
- Located at Sydney Dental School, Westmead Campus
- 12 month Fixed term, full-time contract, base salary $84K p.a plus leave loading and 12.5 % superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for an Executive Assistant to join the team within the Sydney Dental School at Westmead.
As the Executive Assistant, you will be required to provide extensive professional and organisational support in order to coordinate, manage and undertake a range of operational activities on a day to day basis in a highly efficient and effective manner. You will be responsible for performing high-level administrative duties and expected to utilise your previous planning, coordination and initiative skills to apply professional know-how to achieve the goals of the department.
Reporting to the School Manager, your duties will also include:
- providing broad and high level professional executive support to the Head of School & Dean of the Sydney Dental School (HOS Dean) and effectively manage the communication to and from the office of the HOS Dean.
- coordinating visitors to the School
- building and managing effective relationships with key stakeholders and staff across the University
- coordinating diaries, meetings and events and providing conference support as required and minute-taking
- maintaining records, finance/accounting support and reporting for the HOS Dean
- undertaking ad-hoc projects and other activities
- required to occasionally travel to different sites including Sydney Dental Hospital at Surry Hills, and the University of Sydney Camperdown campus.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Executive Assistant who has:
- tertiary qualifications and/or relevant administrative and office experience including diary management
- problem solving and analytic skills along with the ability to use initiative and exercise sound judgement a
- proficient time and workload management skills; and the ability to communicate effectively so as to bring multiple perspectives to problem solving
- manage multiple tasks to meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes with keen attention to detail, and a demonstrated self-starting approach to work
- friendly and professional communication style (written and verbal) with proven ability to communicate with a wide range of staff in a large complex organisation and, with external parties.
- experience in creating and maintaining effective administrative systems with an eye for working towards improving the efficiency of local systems whenever possible.
- strong event planning and coordination skills
- advanced computer skills in MS Office 365 would be desirable as would the ability to work with desktop software such as Swift Digital or similar to produce event flyers and newsletters.
More information can be read here http://sydney.edu.au/dentistry/
Our school is based in integrated research, teaching and clinical settings. We have connections not only with Sydney Dental Hospital, Nepean Hospital and the Westmead Centre for Oral Health, but also with other local health district dental hospitals in remote, regional and rural NSW such as Ballina, Broken Hill, Dubbo, Orange and Armidale.
This allows our students to step outside their comfort zone, meet patients, learn from diverse oral health issues, interact with dental and medical professionals and develop an understanding of current issues in healthcare.
Our academics are expert oral health professionals, and our researchers are pioneering new dental treatments to improve patient outcomes. Our graduates are caring, clear thinking, clinically outstanding and research capable. They are engaged and globally aware and have the capability to become leaders in oral health and dentistry practice and research.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 444/0319F to apply.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply visit: How to apply for an advertised position.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 17 April 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.