- Opportunity for an Admissions Officer to work in the Joint Admissions Unit which encourages progressive thinking
- Located at Camperdown and Westmead Campus
- Fixed term, full-time contract until December 2019 with a base salary $84K p.a plus leave loading and 12.5 % superannuation
About the opportunity
We are in a period of exciting and significant investment in our Faculty of Medicine and Health and in order to deliver on the University’s ambitious strategic plan, we are looking for an Admissions Officer to join the team in our Joint Admissions Unit, The University of Sydney School of Dentistry/ The University of Sydney School of Medicine
Your role as the Admissions Officer is to support the Admissions Manager in all aspects of the effective, accurate and timely recruitment and admission of prospective students to the coursework degree programs offered by the University of Sydney School of Dentistry/ the University of Sydney School of Medicine, including the Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD), the Doctor of Medicine (MD), the Bachelor of Oral Health (BOH), the Double Degree Medicine Program (DDMP) and the Double Degree Dentistry Program (DDDP).
The Admissions Officer will be mainly based at Camperdown Campus but will be required to work at the Westmead Campus once per week or when required.
Your duties will also include:
- responsibility for processing applications for admission and providing advice and guidance regarding admissions information (in person, via phone and email) to prospective students, colleagues and the general public.
- supporting the Admissions Manager in the execution of admission goals and targets including arranging meetings, minute-taking and reporting
- supporting the Admissions Manager in the organisation and coordination of the entire interview process and acting as the first contact of appeals or complaints from unsuccessful/ ineligible applicants.
- representing the Sydney Dental School and Sydney Medical School at recruitment events, e.g. Information Evening, Open Day.
You are required to have a willingness to work outside standard office hours during interviews and when required. An acknowledgement that some restrictions on annual leave may be applied during peak demand periods in the admissions calendar.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for an Admissions Officer who possesses the below qualifications and experience:
- a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualifications and experience working in a complex tertiary education environment will be highly regarded
- the ability to interpret and implement policy and capacity to support policy development with demonstrated high level of attention to detail and ability to work with complex administrative systems and databases
- proven ability to prepare agendas and write clear reports and minutes
- strong administrative and organisational skills and proven capacity to coordinate and prioritise concurrent tasks
- high level computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Office software and networking applications such as email and calendar packages
- good database software experience e.g. Excel and proven ability to assist in analysing data and statistics.
- demonstrated experience in handling student matters to avoid legal complications along side maintaining a high degree of confidentiality and security
The ideal candidate will have exceptional communication skills with experience in dealing with a wide range of enquiries and providing excellent customer service. Previous event management experience is desirable.
More information can be read here https://sydney.edu.au/medicine-health/schools/sydney-dental-school.html
Sydney Dental School is Australia’s first dental school and has been training dental practitioners for more than 100 years. It offers a range of courses producing dental practitioners, oral health professionals and dental specialists as well as training researchers of the highest calibre. Its programs are accredited by the Dental Board of Australia and its graduates are highly sought after.
Sydney Medical School is one of the Asia Pacific region’s most highly rated education and research institutions and its graduates play leading roles in health fields around the world.
Since our inception 160 years ago, the University of Sydney has led to improve the world around us. We believe in education for all and that effective leadership makes lives better. These same values are reflected in our approach to diversity and inclusion, and underpin our long-term strategy for growth. We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ over 7600 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
We are undergoing significant transformative change which brings opportunity for innovation, progressive thinking, breaking with convention, challenging the status quo, and improving the world around us.
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 481/0319F to apply.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you address the online selection criteria. For guidance on how to apply visit: How to apply for an advertised position.
Closing date: 11:30pm, Wednesday 17 April 2019
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.