Customer Service Representative
Location : Manchester St James's
Closing Date : Not specified
Salary : Competitive
Employment Type : Permanent
Department : Commercial - Student Management Centre
This is an exciting and demanding contact centre role which will require you to process bookings and apply your product knowledge in order to deal with customer enquiries. You will need to be comfortable working within a fast-paced environment.
The main purpose of this role is:
- To maintain excellent quality customer service within SLAs on phones, by email and when processing orders.
- To make changes to booked courses and handling the necessary administration relating to bookings.
- To resolve customer complaints at first point of contact wherever possible.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- To consistently deliver a high quality service to all customers in line with agreed BPP customer contact service and call handling standards in order to promote continuing customer relationships, working collaboratively with the wider customer service team
- To return calls to customers when promised and respond as appropriate
- To process customer transactions, bookings, transfers and cancellations, sending out confirmation, trigger relevant course material and issue venue directions prior to start date of course, within any agreed SLAs.
- To provide accurate responses to customer enquiries and complaints, and relevant and up to date literature and information as appropriate, keeping accurate records of phone discussions or correspondence with customers
- To be empathetic to individual customer requirements and emotional states, particularly when handling exam results or assignment feedback.
- Where system data not available to respond to queries requesting such information from appropriate internal experts and amend/update system for future purposes as appropriate
- To utilise BPP systems effectively with particular focus on customer records and unique identifiers
- To report system inconsistencies to team manager and IT/system support team in order to ensure anomalies are rectified
- To liaise with Credit Control ensuring exceptional customer requests on fulfilment and payment are handled firmly but sensitively
- To share best practice with colleagues within and outside the department
- To keep up to date with any changes to BPP’s products/services or processes/procedures which affect the operation of customer service
- To undertake any other duties effectively, as required by Management.
General Responsibilities and Accountabilities for all Team Members
- To be an ambassador for BPP both internally and externally communicating and promoting the vision and direction of the company with passion
- To demonstrate key desired behaviours appropriate to role as agreed with line manager/team leader, actively contributing to the positive environment and encouraging and working in partnership with other team members
- To maintain high standards of work and professionalism at all times, particularly with regards to accuracy and presentation in both written and verbal communication
- To build, manage and maintain strong inter-departmental relationships and communication within the organisation
- To make suggestions to improve the working situation within own area of work and BPP as a whole
- To comply with all aspects of BPP’s business policies and procedures particularly H&S, data protection and customer confidentiality, equality and diversity
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR ROLE
- Previous inbound and outbound customer service experience handling a high volume of calls.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to absorb product knowledge in order to best advise students on a best-fit solution
- A genuine interest in helping customers and providing an excellent customer experience.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Efficient and accurate keyboard skills
- Well organised and self-disciplined with the ability to work quickly and calmly under pressure
- To be able to deal efficiently and patiently with all types of customers.
- Able to build good working relationships across all levels.
- Able to demonstrate individual accountability
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work as a team player and on own initiative
- A clear telephone voice with a polite, tactful and friendly attitude
- Telephone Account Management experience
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo a credit and basic disclosure check.