Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Maternal Nutrition and Perinatal Health
Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
Global Health and Population (GHP)
The Nutrition and Global Health Program in the Department of Global Health and Population, at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher with an interest in global health, reproductive epidemiology, and big data analytics. The Postdoctoral Research Fellow will focus on answering questions related to maternal nutrition and perinatal outcomes using large data sets assembled from clinical trials and prospective cohort studies conducted in low and middle-income countries. This position provides the opportunity to develop and extend skills in statistical analysis, draft grant proposals, create analytical frameworks, and author manuscripts for publication. All activities will be conducted in close collaboration with investigators and study personnel in Boston.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead systematic reviews of the literature and analyses of data¬ examining maternal nutrition and perinatal outcomes
- Contribute to data cleaning, standardization, pooling and data analysis
- Communicate with research partners on project-related issues including tracking progress of the project including IRB approvals, and other related activities.
- Analyze datasets to examine research questions and contribute to the development of peer-reviewed publications
- Co-author and publish abstracts, poster presentations, and research articles
- Prepare technical reports to the funder
- Other duties as required
Applicants should have a PhD/doctoral degree in epidemiology, biostatistics, or data science. Candidates should also have the following:
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and writing skills
- Research experience
- Expert knowledge of SAS, Stata, or R
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, under supervision, and as part of a team are all necessary for this position.
Experience with machine learning, big data methods, and meta-analysis is desirable.
Two or more years of project management skills, and technical expertise in the conduct of research studies. Excellent organizational, and problem-solving skills, strong interpersonal and communication skills, strong attention to detail, excellent time management, a goal- and detail-oriented work style, and meticulous and consistent follow-through on projects are required. Experience liaising with Institutional Review Boards, other regulatory bodies, and academic and governmental institutions preferred.
Applications should include: Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, two letters of recommendation, and the names and contact information of two references.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions or any other characteristic protected by law.