Post Doctoral Fellow in Cyber Physical Systems
Organization Name Temp researcher Internal fund
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral Fellow tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Conduct internationally competitive research in the area of cyber physical systems with focus on cloud management using machine-learning technologies.
- Publish research results in top tier journals and conferences.
- Track project milestones and deliverables in coordination with the principal investigators.
- Interface with external collaborators and stakeholders.
- Mentor MSc and PhD students into cloud technologies, including infrastructure, software, and management
- Use and advise on state-of-the-art, open-source tools for cloud management and machine learning.
The following qualifications are required:
- PhD in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Graduate course and research work in the area of cloud computing, cloud management, and machine learning.
- High-quality publications in reputable venues.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Solid English technical writing skills.
The ideal candidate should have the following experience:
- Experience with state-of-the art, open-source software for cloud computing and management (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with state-of-the-art machine learning tools (e.g., TensorFlow, Keras)
- Experience with programming and scripting languages such as Python, C/C++, Perl, Tcl, and Unix/Linux shells.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Familiarity with cloud micro-services.
- Familiarity with cloud hardware infrastructure is a plus (especially, FPGA services and accelerators).
- Familiarity with parallel programming paradigms is a plus (e.g., MPI, OpenMP, CUDA, and OpenCL).
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae)