Senior Lecturer in Public Health
- Fixed Term (2 years), Full Time
- School of Health, Medical and Applied Science
- CQUniversity Melbourne
- Total Salary: Academic Level C $118,385 to $136,137 pa
Join an organisation with an unbreakable belief that quality education, training and research should be available to everyone – regardless of background, location, or life circumstances.
The Department of Psychology and Public Health, within the School of Health, Medical and Applied Sciences, promotes an evidence-based focus to the examination, understanding and enhancement of health and wellbeing within individuals, groups, organisations and communities. The Department is comprised of a team of diverse and innovative academics who are world class researchers and who are deeply engaged with the communities in which they live and work. Our undergraduate and postgraduate course offerings include accredited studies in psychology, clinical psychology and environmental health, and qualifications across a wide range of applied disciplines including positive psychology, applied forensic psychology, health promotion, and traumatic stress management.
Recent ERA assessment results showed CQUniversity research as operating at above and well above world standard in Public Health and in Psychology. Be part of a University that is passionate about producing quality research outcomes for the benefit of our communities.
The new Master of Public Health degree has officially launched at our Melbourne Campus, and due to popular demand, we are already looking to spread our geographical footprint to offer this innovatively designed course in Queensland and New South Wales. This role is your opportunity to share and transfer your years of expertise, while at the same time exercising your passion for learning, teaching and research.
Your new role:
- Preparing and delivering lectures and seminars, and conducting tutorials, practical classes, demonstrations, workshops, and/or residential schools.
- Acting as a unit coordinator through the regular initiation and development of unit material with appropriate advice from and support of more senior staff.
You will have:
- A doctoral (PhD) qualification or equivalent in Public Health and a thorough understanding of social-ecological model of health and taking a community-based approach to Public Health.
- Proven ability to teach and supervise undergraduate and postgraduate University students with experience engaging with tertiary students and supporting their educational development through multi-modal delivery strategies.
- Proven ability to contribute to curriculum development, writing and evaluation, particularly using flexible modes of delivery.
Apply today for a career that changes lives www.cqu.edu.au/jobs
- Applications Close: 11:59 pm, Monday, 29 April 2019
- Vacancy Reference Number: 33021
You must submit the following documents in order to be eligible for consideration for this role: Cover Letter (optional), Current Resume outlining your qualifications relevant to Position Description, Responses to Selection Criteria. Use uppercase alphabetic or numeric characters only in your file names. Do not use any characters such as apostrophe (‘), slash (/), ampersand (&) etc. except in your email address. “Applicants for the position must have full time work rights.”
CQUniversity is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.