Executive Assistant, Office of the Vice-Chancellor
Classification: ANU Officer 6/7 (Administration)
Salary package: $78,956 - $91,157 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Terms: Full time, Continuing
Location: Canberra, Acton campus
- Dynamic and fast-paced professional environment
- Manage the commitments of the Vice-Chancellor
- Work at the heart of the University with its Executive members
The Office of the Vice-Chancellor at the Australian National University seeks an exceptional new Executive Assistant to support the Vice-Chancellor and President, Nobel Laureate Professor Brian Schmidt.
This opportunity to work at the heart of the University and with its leadership requires an outstanding candidate with a wide range of skills. These include the ability to manage the commitments and schedule of the Vice-Chancellor with flawless attention to detail; engage effectively with stakeholders; monitor projects and timelines; draft briefings, advice and correspondence; and work effectively with colleagues across ANU.
This opportunity will appeal to an experienced EA, or someone seeking to launch their career in the higher education sector. Highly effective administrative skills are important, while the energy, flexibility, proven judgement, initiative and impeccable attention to detail required in the Office of the Vice-Chancellor are essential.
To succeed in the role, the EA will need the confidence, judgement and capacity to manage multiple tasks and priorities, many of them complex and confidential.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent communication skills;
- A commitment to maintaining confidentiality and applying discretion;
- Experience in managing a diverse workload;
- The capacity to work under pressure with, at times, conflicting demands; and
- Well-developed IT skills.
For all enquiries, contact Caterina Giugovaz, Executive Officer, Office of the Vice-Chancellor,
T: +61 2 6125 0271 or
Closing date: 28 April 2019
Position description: EA VC_ANUO67_PD.pdf
ANU values diversity and inclusion and believes employment opportunities must not be limited by socio-economic background, race, religion or gender. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing the selection criteria.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
- Other documents, if required.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Please note: The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country.