Head of International Recruitment Operations
Location: Aston University Main Campus
Salary: £40,792 to £48,677 per annum
Grade: Grade 09
Contract Type: Continuing
Basis: Full Time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours BST on Thursday 18 April 2019
Interview Date: See advert
Aston University is seeking an exceptional individual for the position of Head of International Student Recruitment Operations. Based within the International Student Recruitment team, the post-holder will play a fundamental role in developing the sales infrastructure enabling Aston to provide service excellence to its student recruitment partners.
Founded in 1895 and a University since 1966, Aston has nearly 3,000 international students from around the world. Our international students are provided with the opportunity to study in the heart of one of the UK’s most dynamic and developing cities, at a University focused on delivering industry relevant degrees programme which give graduates the edge in competitive global job markets. Aston’s international alumni go on to do amazing things after graduation: founding businesses, leading multinational companies, serving in government, setting up charities and shaping their communities.
The role of Head of International Student Recruitment Operations will play a crucial role in enabling Aston’s growth journey. The successful candidate will develop an industry leading sales infrastructure providing Aston with the ability to act with agility in a competitive market place – delivering to and exceeding international recruitment targets and SLAs.
The successful role-holder will have a diverse skill set, comfortable with change management and challenging the status-quo. You will lead on key operational decision-making, ensure the development of robust and efficient sales processes and be adept at identifying operational inefficiencies and implementing creative process driven solutions.
In this exciting new role, the successful candidate will:
- Devise, develop and own an operational plan, which implements robust sales processes and procedures into the working practices of the International Recruitment team.
- Develop industry leading agent management processes and procedures which enable the International Recruitment team to provide high levels of service to Aston’s network of student recruitment agents.
- Improve resource monitoring and control processes ensuring better return on investment from Aston’s international recruitment activities.
- Develop robust reporting mechanisms and data management procedures to enable a pro-active and regular feed of market intelligence to key internal stakeholders.
- Develop consistent recruitment practices and procedures enabling the expansion of Aston’s international recruitment activities globally.
- Create processes and procedures within the International Recruitment team to ensure compliance to UKVI student recruitment policies, GDPR, CMA and other regulations.
You will have substantial experience in a relevant role, either in international student recruitment, sales or operations management, and will be able to demonstrate outstanding performance in these roles. You will have a proven track record of team management, process improvement and delivering to return on investment objectives.
For more information and an informal discussion about the role, please contact Matthew Dean, Director of International Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews: The first round of Interviews will be held on Friday 3rd May 2019. A second round of interviews will be held approximately 5 to 10 working days later.