Starting Salary Range ($s):
Employee group (Full time/Part-time/Limited/Casual): Full Time
Schedule (hours/days): 8:30-5
Employee subgroup (FLSA Status): 02
Department name: School of Public Health
Personnel area (School): UN05
GENERAL SUMMARY/PURPOSE STATEMENT
This position will proactively provide administrative support to the Office, working directly with members of the development and constituent relations team.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct support to a Director of Major Gifts and three Associate Directors of Development. This support includes the timely preparation of acknowledgement letters, stewardship materials, fundraising solicitations, and general correspondences to donors and prospects. Maintain electronic calendars and schedule appointments and meetings. Make routine travel and hotel accommodations and process travel reimbursements
- Use ALADIN, the development database, to conduct research, print biographical summaries and reports
- Update and review constituent data in ALADIN and help manage constituent relations communications lists
- Provide support in the Relationship Management System (RMS) which includes retrieving reports, entering actions, proposals, solicitation approaches, and creating constituent and prospect records
- Organize and manage small events including reserving rooms and technology, ordering food, preparing and sending invitations, and recording RSVPs as needed for events.
- Prepare meeting materials and staff high-level meetings. Coordinate preparation, set up and logistics for these events.
- Prepare and send correspondence and packages via messenger, and FedEx.
- Assist with the creation of PowerPoint presentations.
- Proactively manage tasks, prospects and priorities for development staff to properly prepare for upcoming meetings and events
- Provide administrative support and perform general office management duties necessary in the efficient operation of the Office of External Affairs
- Function as part of the administrative team as needed for larger group projects and assignments
- Proactively monitor and follow-up on action items
- Overall duties and responsibilities include answering phones, photocopying, ad faxing
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Education/Experience: High school diploma/GED required. Three years of related experience required. Additional education may be substituted for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Experience working in a development office, using ALADIN, or Site Executive preferred. Familiarity with or a willingness to learn content management systems for website updates is preferred.
Special knowledge, skills and abilities: Excellent computer software skills including Microsoft Office, especially mail merges and spreadsheet/database management are a must. Excellent verbal and written communications skills, organizational skills, attention to detail as well as the ability to set priorities, work in an extremely fast-paced environment and meet deadlines in a timely fashion are also required. Candidate should have an excellent telephone and professional manner, should be polite, friendly and a team player. Responsibilities require significant collaboration and coordination with others.
Technical qualifications or specialized certifications: N/A
Any specific physical requirements for the job: Applicants should be able to move easily throughout the campus and pick-up/deliver materials and set up for meetings and events.
Supervisory responsibility: None
Budget authority: None