University Teacher in Social Sciences
Member: Faculty of Social Work, Topniška 31, Ljubljana
Chair of social justice and inclusion
Number of available positions: 1
Position code: D019001
Title code: 3
Title: Assistant professor
Type of employment contract: permanent, full-time, starting July 1, 2019.
Conditions for the position:
Required education (level and area):
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in the field of social sciences (according to the former system)
- Doctoral degree (PhD) in the field of social sciences (third Bologna degree)
Valid habilitation title:
Academic title of Assistant/Associate/Full Professor in the field Social Work; or an academic title of another institution, under the condition that this title can be recognized in the process of recognizing at the University of Ljubljana; or the title of guest professor at the University of Ljubljana; or the fulfilment of the conditions for obtaining the “habilitation” of university teacher (Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor in the field of Social Work). In this case, together with the application, it is necessary to submit proofs of compliance with the quantitative and qualitative criteria for the election to the academic title or for recognition of the title in accordance with the criteria. The candidate must also enclose a statement that he/she agrees that in the event of a positive decision of the selection board, his/her application is also considered as an application for his/her election to the title or for recognition of the title. The title must be obtained before the signing of the employment contract;
Functional skills and other requirements:
- specialised knowledge and experience in the field of gender, disability studies, ethics in social work, ethical decision-making in social work and social work research
- ability to lead research projects
- innovativeness, organisational and team work skills, communicativeness
- command of basic software programmes, command of English language
- designing and updating of the course syllabus and adjusting higher education programmes according to requirements;
- organising and co-organising all the activities for the realization of the course in accordance with the syllabus and experts' findings; co-ordination of work and supervising of other staff engaged in the teaching process (assistants, technical and other staff);
- giving lectures to students, managing seminars and other teaching activities within the subject area;
- mentoring students, testing and assessing their knowledge, correcting their exam papers;
- providing mentorship to students in preparing their diplomas and other papers;
- engaging in other activities related to teaching in the relevant field (nostrifications, etc.);
- engaging in scientific research activities, study and development of concepts, theories and methods;
- carrying out other activities related to the subject area of the job position.
5 years of work in the field of of gender, disability studies, ethics in social work, ethical decision-making in social work and social work research.
Job starting date (permanent, full time): July 1, 2019.
Application deadline: Date of publication: March 28, 2019, application deadline: 60 days from the publication; till May 27, 2019
Attachments to be enclosed:
- CV with a description of previous work experience;
- Education and academic title;
- References from the relevant field.
- Functional skills.
Contact person: Alenka Majer, Phone: 01/300-62-36