Associate Professor, Geological Engineering
2 days left
- Full Time
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the following positions:
The positions are tenable at BIUST Campus, Palapye Botswana.
The successful candidate will be appointed on a contract basis.
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY
DEPARTMENT OF MINING AND GEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING
- Associate Professor, Geological Engineering x 1 position REF: FET 19/01
Main Purpose of the Job
- To teach, advise and educate undergraduate and postgraduate students in an academic discipline.
- To establish and administer teaching activities and provide leadership within the discipline.
- To conduct research and publish in the area of specialization.
- To build a knowledge base in a relevant field of the discipline.
- To deliver professional services to benefit the community.
- To establish a national / international reputation in the discipline.
- To be active in professional service related to the discipline.
- To carry out any other task as may be assigned by the Head of Department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
1) PhD in Geological Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Economic Geology, Exploration Geochemistry or Mining Geology.
2) Registration with relevant professional bodies.
3) A BSc/BEng in Geology or Geological Engineering
1) Minimum of six (6) years post-doctoral teaching and research experience.
2) Ability to teach, research and provide leadership in Geological Engineering and Geotechnical Engineering.
3) Teaching experience, research or cognate industrial experience, publications and creative works and engagement in projects or services for the profession or the community are essential.
4) Experience in successful supervision of postgraduate students.
5) Evidence of research grants awarded.
Minimum Publications Requirement
An excellent record of publications in reputable refereed journals is required with at least 16 journal papers.
The positions require the following Competencies/Skills:
i) Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
ii) Involvement in professional activities where applicable.
iii) Strong communication skills - to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
iv) Ability to supervise research projects and graduate students.
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualification and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter certified copies of educational certificates and a detailed Curriculum Vitae including at least two (2) recent professional referees to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. G. Kgosiemang/Ms. K. Oleseng @ 4931676.
POSITIONS ARE OPENED UNTIL FILLED
Apply for Associate Professor, Geological Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Botswana
- Fixed Term General Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Botswana
- Fixed Term Civil Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Botswana