Lecturer in Academic Literacy and Social Sciences
ADVERTISEMENT VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
The University is looking for qualified and experienced individuals for the following position:
The position is tenable at BIUST Campus, Palapye, Botswana.
The successful candidates will be appointed on a pensionable terms or contract basis of up to 5 years.
DEPARTMENT OF ACADEMIC LITERACY AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
LECTURER, ACADEMIC LITERACY AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
REF: ALSS: 01/19
Main Purpose of the Jobs
To teach Technical Communication, Academic Literacy, Professional Communication & Basic Research to undergraduate students in the Faculties of Science and Engineering & Technology.
To build the knowledge base through research and publication.
To administer teaching activities and provide leadership at the module or course level. To provide professional service; thereby building the University’s reputation nationally and internationally.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A relevant Masters and Doctorate degree in a English Language Teaching, Applied Linguistics (with a major in English Language); or Masters of Education and Doctorate degree in Education (majoring in English Language Teaching; MPhil and DPhil (Language and Literacy) or equivalent.
- Teaching experience, Research and publications will be considered as added advantages.
The position requires the following Competencies/Skills:
- Strong communication skills - to disseminate conceptual and complex ideas to a wide variety of audiences using appropriate media and methods to promote understanding.
- Ability to synthesise information to design learning experiences
- Computer proficiency
- Good knowledge of the academic discipline environment
- Involvement in professional activities where applicable
- Knowledge of Research Methodology
- Understanding of Higher Education environment
- Ability to manage & analyse information
- Ability to supervise research projects and graduate students
- Ability to prepare and submit proposals and applications to external bodies, e.g. for funding and accreditation purposes.
The University offers an attractive package, commensurate with qualifications and experience.
If you meet the requirements of the above stated position, please send your application letter and a detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of academic qualifications including at least two (2) recent professional references to;
Director, Human Resources at the email address below.
For any further enquiries, you may call Ms. Mogwera/Mr. Abram @ +2674931308/ 4931310.
POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Apply for Lecturer in Academic Literacy and Social Sciences
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly