Research Fellow, Department of Chemical Engineering
- Great opportunity to grow your research career and work with award-winning researchers, industry and government personnel
- 3 year full time, fixed term appointment
- Salary range: Level B $98,526 - $116,792 p.a. plus 17% Superannuation
Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences
Department of Chemical Engineering
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to ‘innovate and inspire’ there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top University.
About the team
The Department of Chemical Engineering is renowned for its award-winning researchers, teachers and facilities. The broad-based undergraduate and postgraduate programs are complemented by a wide range of research activities. The Department is a leader in developing graduates in the critical industries of energy, oil and gas. More information can be found at http://www.mech.uwa.edu.au/
The Department hosts the Centre for Long Subsea Tiebacks in partnership with Chevron and Woodside Energy to enhance the State’s global reputation in deep water energy production.
Through its collaborative research, the Centre will improve the oil and gas industry’s understanding of hostile deep sea conditions and create innovative solutions to enhance the economic feasibility of remote offshore gas production.
The expertise generated through the Centre will be directly integrated into the development of offshore assets which will support Western Australia’s market competitiveness in oil and gas production over the coming decades.
About the opportunity
This position will have you part of the Centre for Long Subsea Tiebacks where you will participate in and coordinate experimental and modelling research associated with gas hydrates and flow assurance relative to the oil and gas industry.
You will be associated with both industry and government funded research projects and will be expected to coordinate project reports for funding agents and, as appropriate, support or lead the writing of peer reviewed academic publications arising from the research work. You will also be expected to identify and propose new research directions.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or chemistry
- Strong publication track record;
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills;
- Ability to work both independently and in a team; and
- Willingness to co-supervise research students.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Closing date: Thursday, 25th April 2019
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Our commitment to inclusion and diversity
UWA is committed to a diverse workforce. We celebrate inclusion and diversity and believe gender equity is fundamental to achieving our goal of being a top 50 university by 2050.
We have child friendly areas on campus, including childcare facilities. Flexible work arrangements, part-time hours and job sharing will all be considered.
UWA has been awarded Platinum Employer Status for being a Top Ten Employer for LGBTI Inclusion by the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2017).
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Research Fellowships jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Physical Sciences Research Fellowships jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Chemical Engineering Research Fellowships jobs in Perth
- Fixed Term Chemistry Research Fellowships jobs in Perth