Postdoctoral Fellow in Geophysics
Work type: Continuing (Contingent Funded)
Location: Canberra / ACT
Classification: Academic Level A
Salary package: $71,509 – $90,215 per annum plus 17% superannuation
Term: Full time, Continuing (Contingent Funded, 3 years of initial funding)
- Excellent employer superannuation contribution
- Generous leave entitlement
- On campus childcare facilities
- Support network and mentoring program for early career academics
The Postdoctoral Fellow will join the Seismology and Mathematical Geophysics Group within the Research School of Earth Sciences.
Based at the Australian National University’s Acton campus in Canberra, the School is part of the ANU College of Science. Staff and students within the College conduct research and deliver research-led education programs that encompasses the entire breadth of the sciences, supported by extensive international networks and by world-class facilities. The College has a strong tradition of research excellence that has fostered distinguished Nobel Laureates and Kyoto Prize winners and that trains scientific leaders in disciplines in which the ANU is consistently ranked in the top twenty in the world.
We are looking for an early career researcher join our team, who has:
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- The ability and interest to undertake inter-disciplinary research
- Knowledge of seismic data processing and computing
- Knowledge of international standard data formats (e.g. miniSEED or SAC), seismic database management tools (e.g. SeisComp3), and data visualisation techniques
- Proficiency in a common programming language, such as scientific Python or C++
- The ability to train and mentor junior staff and students
In this role, the Postdoctoral Fellow will be responsible for developing data quality control techniques and supporting the data archiving team. The goal is to improve our data accessibility and quality as well as to and develop products from 30 years of archived seismic data.
For more information about this position please contact Assoc/Prof Meghan Miller E: email@example.com or T: 02 6125 3073.
ANU values diversity and inclusion and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to those of all backgrounds and identities. For more information about staff equity at ANU, visit https://services.anu.edu.au/human-resources/respect-inclusion
In order to apply for this role please make sure that you upload the following documents:
- A statement addressing each of the selection criteria must be included.
- A current curriculum vitae (CV) which includes the names and contact details of at least three referees (preferably including a current or previous supervisor). If your CV does not include referees you can complete these online when prompted in the application form.
Applications which do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for the position.
Advertised: 28 Mar 2019 09:00:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 28 Apr 2019 11:55:00 PM AUS Eastern Standard Time