Construction Site Supervisor
1 day left
- Full Time
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on http://home.cern.
Are you experienced in the coordination of building works? Take part in the coordination of a construction project from A to Z in the largest particle physics research Organization in the world: CERN. Give your career a boost and join CERN's Science Gateway project. Take part!
The Science Gateway will be a new global hub for education, training and outreach - focusing on science and technology. The 7000 m2 building, which will be designed by a world-renowned architect surrounded by a high-level international consultants team, will contain a main reception; a training area; a 900-seat modular auditorium; an exhibition area; a cafeteria, etc., that can accommodate all age groups.
The schematic design is close to completion and the project is now moving into the design development phase.
As a Construction Site Supervisor, you will be responsible for the coordination of the execution of the Science Gateway building and for managing the infrastructure construction project.
- Review preliminary tender and execution design.
- Contribute to the production of tender documentation.
- Manage project documentation according to project’s quality management plan.
- Supervise the execution of the work in close collaboration with the project manager and CERN representatives (architect, engineers).
- Coordinate the various trades on site.
- Monitor execution schedule and budget (including verification of quotations, bills of quantities and invoices).
- Assess contractor’s variations proposals.
- Manage the on-site quality control.
- Ensure that safety rules are followed on the work site.
- Prepare and carry out the acceptance tests at the completion of the works.
- Report weekly to the project manager.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant experience in the field of construction management, civil engineering, architecture, or a related field.
The experience required for this post is:
- Demonstrated experience as Superintendent/Construction Manager on building or infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience on projects requiring coordination of various work packages.
- Experience in the industrial and/or scientific environment, especially in the field of museum and conference centers will be an asset.
- Design of civil buildings: industrial and civil building and infrastructure design and construction.
- Organisation, planning and control.
- Cost control: construction cost control.
- Quality management.
- Occupational safety and risk management: site safety management.
- Managing self: taking initiative beyond regular tasks and making things happen.
- Achieving results: having a structured and organised approach towards work; being able to set priorities and plan tasks with results in mind.
- Communicating effectively: expressing opinions, ideas and suggestions with conviction and in a logical/structured manner; and keeping to the point.
- Working in teams: working well in groups and readily fitting into a team; and participating fully and taking an active role in team activities.
Spoken and written English or French: ability to speak and understand technical texts in professional contexts, and ability to understand and speak the other language, or the undertaking to acquire it rapidly.
Eligibility and closing date:
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization. Employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We welcome applications from all Member States and Associate Member States. (https://home.cern/about/member-states)
This vacancy will be filled as soon as possible, and applications should normally reach us no later than 24.04.2019.
Contract type: limited duration contract (5 years). Subject to certain conditions, holders of limited-duration contracts may apply for an indefinite position.
These functions require:
Work during nights, Sundays and official holidays, when required by the needs of the Organization.
Job grade: 4-5
Job reference: IR-SPE-2019-30-LD
Benchmark Job Title: Civil Engineering Technical Engineer
Please make sure you have all the documents needed to hand as you start your application, as once it is submitted, you will not be able to upload any documents or edit your application further.
More searches like this
- Fixed Term Architecture Other Professional Services jobs in Switzerland
- Fixed Term Engineering & Technology Other Professional Services jobs in Switzerland
- Fixed Term Arts & Humanities Other Professional Services jobs in Switzerland
- Fixed Term Civil Engineering Other Professional Services jobs in Switzerland