Works in close collaboration with Johns Hopkins Children’s Center faculty and staff to assess clinical functionality and concerns, training issues, and optimization opportunities within the Epic environment. The position will be responsible for developing clinical and workflow reports using EPIC reporting tool and Tableau.
- Ability to gather the appropriate data to analyze and to design moderately complex benchmarking metrics for performance and/or quality/safety improvement.
- Works in close collaboration with Johns Hopkins Children’s Center faculty and staff to assess clinical functionality and concerns, training issues, and optimization opportunities within the Epic environment.
- Develop clinical and workflow reports using Epic reporting tools and Tableau.
- Using the Epic tools, provide feedback to Epic physician users as to their application proficiency. If issues are identified, provide guidance on the best practices in order to enhance their knowledge of the functionality.
- Present information to end users and to communicate reporting trends to Departmental and Divisional Leaders.
- Supports multiple concurrent projects and/or application modules, educates and coaches other team members, and manages user expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of related experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project desirable.
- Understanding of medical operations and physician practice management as usually acquired in 1-3 years applicable experience.
- Required to complete EPIC training in: Cogito Fundamentals, Caboodle Data Model, Fundamentals and Clinical Data Model and/or Reporting/Analytics. Training will be completed as soon as possible based on training space and funding.
- Complete Tableau self-learning modules. Training will be completed as soon as possible based on training space and funding.
- Complete and pass Epic Physician Power User training certificate. Training will be completed as soon as possible based on training space and funding.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Requires the ability to compile, analyze and interpret patient /physician data.
- Must have solid project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize own work and work of staff as needed.
- Ability to work with flexibility on several tasks simultaneously and to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with the ability to work well under pressure.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
- Sitting for extended periods of time working on the computer.
Starting Salary Range: $43,101 - $59,202 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003093-SOM Ped General Administration
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information