Research Associate in Electrical and Computer Engineering
3 days left
- Full Time
Organization Name Temp Researcher External Fund
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has three campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus, Masdar City Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus,the latter two housing the internationally renowned Masdar and Institute and Petroleum Institute, respectively.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- Focus on in-memory computing algorithm targeting RRAM technology.
- He/She will be part of research group to investigate memristor technology for sensing and computing under space like environment.
- Screening metal-insulator-metal with packaging materials for thermo-mechanical suitability under vacuum and cryogenic conditions
- Setting up a testing plan and platform to do the electrical testing of devices under vacuum conditions
- Fabrication of devices using thin-film deposition technologies (sol-gel / vacuum deposition techniques, spin coating, etc…)
- Testing & proof of principle of the resistive switching behavior of the devices under vacuum and cryogenic conditions
- Reporting to the research leader; assist in writing of scientific and review papers, including preparation of figures and grant applications, and other duties as required.
- Provides research support toward identifying academic and other events, nationally, regionally and globally, of potential interest for the project.
- Performs other similar or related duties as and when assigned by the supervisor.
- Master Degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or computer Science with emphasize circuit design, characterization.
- Experience with lab instruments especially device characterization, modeling and circuit simulation is required
How To Apply
CV + Research Interest Statement
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (RecruitmentTeam@ku.ac.ae).