Technical Hub Client Technology Assistant
Job Req ID: 14997
Tech Hub Client Technology Assistant
Provide sales/technical support at new Johns Hopkins Tech Hub store.
Multiple Positions Available
Note: This position is not benefits eligible.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
The Johns Hopkins Tech Hub is a new, physical retail space on the Johns Hopkins East Baltimore campus that will sell and service Apple, Microsoft, and Dell computers and peripherals as well as many consumer accessories. The person filling this role will augment the sales and technical services staff by providing customers with:
- Greeting customers and rendering assistance as necessary responding to inquiries of products and merchandise.
- Enthusiastically communicating with customers to connect them to the right people or product in the store.
- Respond to general questions about products.
- Ring customers up at the point of sale (POS) system to complete transactions.
- Document customer sales and ensure customer record keeping is accurate within POS system.
- Maintaining sales floor appearance which may include organizing merchandise, stocking shelves, clean/dusting, pricing merchandise and may assist in setting up displays and signs.
- Assist with store opening and closing procedures.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of all available products.
- Assist with the delivery of products to customers located on the East Baltimore campus.
JH East Baltimore Campus.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
High School Diploma/GED required.
Some college coursework.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Basic understanding of computers and peripherals.
- Familiarity with mobile devices. Ability to learn POS practices. Ability to work well with customers.
Any Specific Physical Requirements for the Job:
Ability to stand/walk for long periods of time
Classified Title: Computer Support Assistant
Working Title: Tech Hub Client Technology Assistant
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OC
Starting Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: Mon-Fri, 8:30a-5:00p
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10000023-IT@JH Client Technology Solutions
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus