Perivoli Chair in Africa Research and Partnerships
Division/School Academic Faculties
Contract type Open Ended
Working pattern Full time
Salary Competitive Salary plus Benefits
Closing date for applications 23-Apr-2019
The University of Bristol is seeking to appoint a Perivoli Chair in Africa Research and Partnerships. This is a new post which will play a central leadership role in the expansion of research activity, collaborations and partnerships with Africa at the University. It will build on and add value to the University’s existing strengths across a broad range of disciplines and play a key role in the establishment and leadership of a new Centre for Africa Research and Partnerships. The new research centre will be a UK hub for collaborative research in Africa, to share expertise and empower innovation to achieve real and impactful change.
The Chair is generously funded by a landmark £1million gift from the Perivoli Trust, who are committed to working in partnership with the University to achieve real impact for Africa. This transformational gift will also fund a Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowship, PhD Scholarship, and professional services support to help to launch and establish the new Centre for Africa Research and Partnerships under the guidance of the Perivoli Chair.
We are looking for an individual with an internationally leading research reputation working with partners on the African continent from any disciplinary background who:
- can work in interdisciplinary environments and lead interdisciplinary teams to address complex challenges;
- has experience of working with both academic and non-academic partners in Africa;
- is committed to engaged, transformative research that has real impact;
- can demonstrate both success in gaining external research funding and research leadership in the field.
We welcome candidates whose research expertise connects with one or more of the existing areas of research strength in Africa at the University, including, but not limited to:
- Education, skills and sustainable development;
- Health and wellbeing – including maternal health, child protection, physical activity, HIV prevention;
- Political economy, resilience, governance, urbanisation;
- Human rights, migration, mobility;
- Sustainable agriculture, sustainable development, poverty alleviation.
To discuss the role please contact Professor Deborah Wilson at D.Wilson@bristol.ac.uk or (0117) 39 40522.
The closing date for applications is 11.59pm on Tuesday 23rd April 2019.
Applicants should please note that we plan to hold interviews on Monday 13th May 2019.
We appreciate and value difference, seeking to attract, develop and retain a diverse mix of talented people that will contribute to the overall success of Bristol and help maintain our position as one of the world’s leading universities.
More searches like this
- Permanent Education Professors / Chairs jobs in City of Bristol
- Permanent Law Professors / Chairs jobs in City of Bristol
- Permanent Politics & International Studies Professors / Chairs jobs in City of Bristol
- Permanent Social Sciences Professors / Chairs jobs in City of Bristol
- Permanent Sociology Professors / Chairs jobs in City of Bristol