CFD Design & Development Engineer - School of Computing Engineering & Physical Sciences
University of the West of Scotland in Partnership with KCP Environmental Services
School of Computing Engineering and Physical Sciences
CFD Design & Development Engineer - KTP Associate
Based in Cumnock (Ayrshire) with occasional travel to Paisley
Salary Up to £33,500 per annum, plus £4,000 personal development budget (higher salary will be considered for candidates with a PhD)
- 24 month fixed term post with potential for permanent employment;
- Opportunity to register free of charge for a Higher Degree (MPhil/PhD)
- Chartered Management Institute (level 5) training in Management;
- Apply your degree and lead your own project in a business;
- Work with senior company management to realise benefits to the business
An exciting opportunity to work as CFD Design & Development Engineer has become available to work full time on a 24-month Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP). The aim of the project is to embed CFD expertise applied to the design, development, testing and launch of an innovative waste soil/debris extraction technology at KCP Environmental Services. KCP is an award winning company that specialises in solutions for material transfer, including gravel, grain, silt, sludge, waste, debris, liquids and dry powders and operates in the Industrial, Landfill, Farming & Agriculture and Food & Drink sectors specifically with the use of suction and jetting and bespoke equipment to aid the industrial maintenance to the built environment. KCP work across the UK in multiple sectors providing tailored solutions for the remediation of processing of waste material.
Find out more by visiting: http://www.kcpltd.net/
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) funded by Innovate UK. It’s essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. Visit: https://www.ktpws.org.uk/ or contact Stuart McKay(firstname.lastname@example.org)
The successful candidate must possess:
- Educated to a minimum of MSc or MEng in a relevant engineering discipline BEng (Hons) 2.1 in a relevant engineering discipline with relevant experience.
Essential experience is required in the following:
- Extensive experience in the use of Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD).
- Experience of product design and development.
- Experimental testing of fluid systems.
Essential skills and knowledge we require as a minimum:
- Extensive demonstrable skills in CFD analysis using ANSYS Fluent.
- Knowledge and understanding of multi-phase systems.
- Skilled in analytical techniques for the design of fluid systems.
- Skilled in product design and development of industrial products.
- Skilled in experimental testing and a willingness to explore aspects related to waste/soil/debris extraction.
Further information, including details of how to apply is available at http://www.uws.ac.uk/about-uws/jobs
Closing date: Monday 22nd April 2019
Interviews to be held: KCP Environmental Services Cumnock on 2nd May 2019.
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from under-represented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520