Professor/Associate Professor in Industrial Innovation and Change Management
About the position
We have a vacancy for two Professors/Associate Professors at Institute of Industrial Economics and Technology Management, research group Gjøvik.
- Industrial innovation and innovation process in large, well-established and complex organizations
- Change Management and organizing of innovative organizations
- Strategic utilization of technology, like ICT and/or automation
The positions are a strategic effort to strengthen the research group at Gjøvik campus. The Economic Faculty has funded the positions as part of an effort to establish a new master program in Industrial Innovation. The positions will also contribute to the fast, ongoing development of the research group in research projects and supervising of PhDs. The goal is to establish a new institute by 2021. Collaboration skills and go-ahead sprite are important.
The position reports to the research group leader.
- research within at least one of the departments research areas
- teaching in the area Industrial Innovation and Change Management
- teaching program responsibility together with the other academic staff
- teaching according to the existing study plan as well as developing the research area and teaching
- lecturing and supervising bachelor-, master- and PhD-students
- exam preparation and evaluation
- participate in the development of the new master program in Industrial Innovation
- participate in the ongoing research project funded by the research group
- participate in the establishment of a new institute of industrial innovation at Gjøvik campus
- administrative and service tasks
The position of Professor requires university education in relevant subject area. In addition, academic competence at least at doctoral level is required in Organization and Innovation.
The applicant’s research must be documented and of high international quality, showing both breadth and depth. Production must reflect an independent research profile and show the ability to take up new research issues. Continuous research activity is a prerequisite for the granting of professorial competence. Strong emphasis will be placed on publication of research results in recognized international journals within his or her subject area. The greatest emphasis is placed on academic work during the past five years.
Emphasis will be placed on ability and experience in initiating and leading research and development work, and in obtaining external funding for research. Emphasis will also be placed on a documented commitment to teaching, development of teaching materials, and supervision of students at all levels.
The position of Associate Professor requires university education in Organization and Innovation or equivalent, and academic competence in Organization and Innovation at least at doctoral level.
The ability to initiate and lead research and development work will be emphasized. Strong emphasis will be placed on publication of research results in recognized international journals within his or her subject area. The greatest emphasis is placed on academic work during the past five years (depending on the disciplinary tradition).
Basic qualifications in the discipline of education are required. Anyone who is appointed without having formal basic qualifications in the discipline of education (formerly referred to as practical qualifications in teaching at university level) and who is unable to document equivalent qualifications is required to complete an approved course within two years of appointment. Uniped at NTNU offers qualifying courses.
Pedagogical skills and qualifications will be emphasized. The evaluation will be based on documented material related to teaching, forms of presentation for the academic works, experience in teaching, supervision of doctoral and master’s degree subjects as well as other types of pedagogical background. Applicants with teaching experience at university level will be preferred. Quality and breadth will be evaluated.
Employees who do not have formal qualifications in teaching at university level and who cannot provide documentation of equivalent qualifications must complete an approved pedagogical development programme within two years of appointment.
The person appointed must comply with the decisions about changes due to developments in the subject area, and the organizational changes that may result from decisions regarding the university's activities.
It is a prerequisite that within three years of appointment new employees who do not speak a Scandinavian language can demonstrate skills in Norwegian or another Scandinavian language equivalent to level three in the course in Norwegian for speakers of other languages at the Department of Language and Literature at NTNU.
- Documented a well-established network of collaborating researchers both in Norway and in the EU
- Good understanding and insight into the Nordic Management Model and Nordic Company Culture
- Have participated, and preferably lead, in large research projects with participation of large companies.
- Strong and well-developed network of contacts
- Highly developed collaboration skills
- Background from either economics or engineering
Please see the Regulations concerning appointment and promotion to teaching and research posts for general criteria for the position.
In the assessment of the best qualified applicant, education, experience and personal suitability will be emphasized, as well as motivation for the position.
- exciting and stimulating tasks in a strong international academic environment
- an open and inclusive work environment with dedicated colleagues
- favourable terms in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
- employee benefits
Salary and conditions
The gross salary for the position of Professor (code 1013) is normally from NOK 619 300 to NOK 848 800 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority. The gross salary for the position of Associate Professor (code 1011) is normally from NOK 490 500 to 722 000 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority. From the salary, 2% is deducted as a contribution to the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
Appointment takes place on the terms that apply to State employees at any time, and after the appointment you must assume that there may be changes in the area of work.
The person appointed must live in a location enabling him/her to be present at and available to the institution.
About the application
The application and description of the academic works to be used as the basis for the assessment must be in English.
The application must include:
- CV, certificates and diplomas
- Academic works - published or unpublished - that you would like to be considered in the assessment (up to 10 works)
- A description of the academic/artistic works that you regard as most relevant and that you particularly want to be taken into account in the assessment
- A list of your works with information on where they have been published
- Name and address of three potential references
- Research plan
- Description of teaching qualifications based on a list of factors ("Documentation of applicant’s teaching qualifications in connection with appointment to an academic position at NTNU")
- Details of projects for which you have been project manager, with information about funding, duration and size
- Joint works will be considered. If it is difficult to identify your contribution to joint works, you must attach a brief description of your participation.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, functional capacity or cultural background. NTNU wishes to increase the proportion of women in its academic positions, and women are therefore encouraged to apply.
Under the Freedom of Information Act (offentleglova), information about the applicant may be made public even if the applicant has requested not to have their name entered on the list of applicants.
Questions about the position can be directed to Research group leader Ottar Henriksen, telephone +47 901 44 405, email firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Halvor Holtskog, telephone +47 977 84 320, email email@example.com
Submit your application with your CV, diplomas and certificates via jobbnorge.no. Applicants invited for interview must bring certified copies of certificates and diplomas.
Deadline for applications: 30.04.2019
NTNU - knowledge for a better world
The Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) creates knowledge for a better world and solutions that can change everyday life.
Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management
We conduct research and teaching at an international level in the interface between technology/natural sciences and economics, management, and HSE (health, safety and the environment). Our goal is sustainable creation of value within technology-based areas in industry, business and the public sector in Norway. We have academic groups in Trondheim and Gjøvik. The Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management is one of four departments in the Faculty of Economics and Management.
Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
Place of service Gjøvik