Postdoctoral Research Associate – mmWave Communications
You will contribute to research and development in the area of mmWave communications such as channel estimation, precoding design and beam alignment algorithms for mmWave MIMO systems. Collaborate with a team and contribute to both research outputs and the sharing of research through writing scientific papers and reports for international journals. This role reports to Professor Jinhong Yuan and has no direct reports.
- Salary: $93,578 - $100,090 (AUD) + 17% superannuation + leave loading
- 2-year fixed term contract
- Full-time position (35 hours per week)
- Location: Kensington Campus – Sydney, Australia
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The School of Electrical Engineering and Telecommunications has a vibrant research culture and enjoys a world-leading reputation for research excellence. We have six IEEE Fellows amongst our academic staff. Within Australia, the School offers the most complete range of undergraduate and postgraduate electrical engineering and telecommunications programs; and is the largest of its kind. Further information about the school can be found at http://www.engineering.unsw.edu.au/electrical-engineering/.
About the successful applicant:
- A PhD (or soon to be awarded) in Electrical or Electronics Engineering, with Telecommunications, Signal Processing background, or related area
- Experience in designing efficient transceivers and channel estimation algorithms.
- Knowledge of network optimisation tools.
- Able to conduct independent research with limited supervision in the area of wireless communications.
- Track record of high-quality publications and conferences presentations in the related area relative to opportunity
- Able to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships
- Experience with software packages such as Matlab and C++
- Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to communicate and interact with a diverse range of stakeholders and students.
- Knowledge of health and safety responsibilities and commitment to attending relevant health and safety training.
Additional details about the specific responsibilities for this role can be found in the attached position description below.
Within your application you should address the selection criteria which are listed within the position description.
- Pre-employment checks required for this position include qualification verification.
Please apply online. Applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed below.
T: +61 2 9385 2459
Applications close: 11:50 pm, Sunday 21st April 2019
UNSW aspires to be the exemplary Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds.
UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.