Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Harmonic Analysis Level A or B
- Full Time
- Salary Package: (Level A, Step 6 (PhD)) from $91,991 to $$98, 588 OR Level B from to $103, 914 to $122,947 p.a., plus 17% employer superannuation and annual leave loading.
- Appointment Type: Full-time, fixed term up to 2 years. (successful candidate to commence as soon as possible)
- Macquarie University (North Ryde) location
The Department of Mathematics and Statistics is looking to appoint an outstanding mathematician who has a strong research interest and growing reputation in harmonic analysis and related fields such as complex analysis and partial differential equations. The successful candidate will work on the Australian Research Council Discovery Project Grant “Harmonic analysis: function spaces and partial differential equations” and will collaborate with Prof Xuan Duong and other members of the Macquarie Analysis group to advance the scientific program supported by this grant. Applications from candidates with expertise in the area of harmonic analysis related to the project are particularly encouraged
The successful candidate will be expected to make a vigorous contribution in the overall activities of research on the topics of the grant, to present research progress regularly at the Analysis Seminar and to publish papers in well-regarded mathematical journals. Where appropriate the appointee may also be asked to assist with the mathematical supervision of PhD research students.
The newly merged Department of Mathematics and Statistics represents a continuation of the traditions of the disciplines of Applied Mathematics, Pure Mathematics and Statistics at Macquarie University and has seen significant growth in the area of applied mathematics over the past several years. This position is a continuation of that growth. Click here for more information about the Department.
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. Since our foundation 55 years ago, we have aspired to be a different type of university. Over the years, we’ve grown to become the centre of a vibrant local and global community. Connect with us today.
To be considered for this position, please apply online by submitting your cv, and must respond to the selection criteria below in a separate document or in your covering letter as part of the application process. Level of appointment will be subject to qualifications and experience.
- A PhD awarded or submitted in harmonic analysis or a closely related area of mathematics
- A demonstrated ability to conduct successful research and to publish in mathematics journals
- Experience of presenting research results at scientific meetings
- Good written and oral communication skills
- A background in areas of harmonic analysis and related topics, including but not limited to complex analysis and partial differential equations, especially those related to the grant.
Specific Role Enquiries: Prof Xuan Duong via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 2 9850 8948 or Dr Ji Li via e-mail email@example.com or phone +61 2 9850 6146
General Enquiries: Anne Kumanan, HR Officer, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Close: Friday 19th April 2019 at 11:55 pm EST
Macquarie University is committed to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion. We value individual difference and recognise the strength of a vibrant, diverse and inclusive workforce where the backgrounds, perspectives and experiences of our staff are a driving force for collaboration, innovation and impact.
We work to ensure genuine equality of opportunity for people regardless of their gender, age, cultural background, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or family status, and we encourage you to apply for a position at Macquarie University.