Regulatory Data Analyst
Location: Manchester St James's
Closing date: 20/03/2019
Employment type: Permanent
Department: Group Marketing
This role will be based in Manchester/London
Responsible for the effective delivery of BPP’s Regulatory Returns.
This role is based in the Customer Insight Team working in the regulatory returns section, which supports the University in using data and information to drive improved performance and decision making. As an Analyst, you will be responsible for undertaking important data extraction, transformation and validation to support the compilation of external returns.
BPP University is bound to the regular data provision to many regulatory bodies throughout the year and your role will be to ensure you are delivering to the deadlines, and supporting the Regulatory Manager in ensuring that work is part of BAU rather than project driven.
The Customer Insight team sit within Marketing, whilst having a close working relationship with other departments within the business. Our goal as an insight team is to champion the use of data, reports and insight to build a deep understanding of our business, customers and market. Using the reports and insight to improve performance and create a competitive advantage for the business. Regulatory reporting is a key component of this journey.
- Develop a deep understanding of BPP systems and data that can be utilised for accurate regulatory reporting
- Develop and maintain knowledge of parts of the student record system used to generate external returns.
- Understand and translate other business and regulatory requirements to build and develop reports.
- Delivery of timely and accurate reports
- Provide general administrative support where and when required (e.g. arranging meetings, taking minutes, maintaining website, etc.)
- Attendance at sector groups or events relevant to statutory returns, or a desire to do so
- Training on SAS, Power BI and other highly used tools is available
- Personal Development courses are accessible from BPP’s wide range for employees
Knowledge, Skills and Experience required:
- Hold a numerate or IT degree (Or equivalent work experience)
- Experience of data manipulation and mining in a previous role
- Experience in previous reporting or MI role
- Experience in building reports in reporting tool such as tableaux, Power BI etc.
- Experience working with regulatory reporting (HESA or Ofsted desirable)
- Have the ability to communicate with Manager on reporting requirements
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with the drive to succeed.
- Committed to continuous self-development and learning
- Confident in data mining and analyse databases to build reports; preferably using one of the following SAS, SQL, Python or R (desirable)
- Problem solving ability, consistent approach to establish root causes of an issue and then establish creative solutions.
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Accurate, persistent with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexibly, as necessary, to meet targets